Bangaru Thalli for girls subsidy and incentive, Andhra Pradesh
Bangaru Thalli is a welfare scheme for girls launched by Government of
Andhra Pradesh. The scheme supports the family of a girl from her birth
till her graduation. All the Below Poverty Line white card holders can
avail the benefits under this scheme. The prime goal of this scheme is to
enhance social status of the girl child.
The objectives of this scheme is summarized as below:
- To enhance social status of the girl child.
- To show unflinching support to the girl child
- Incentivise all-round growth of the girl children
- Improve the social status of the Girls/women
- To reset the feeling that girl child is a burden
- Help fight the social evils faced by women
- Prevent Gender discrimination by empowering & protecting the right
of the Girl children & Restore demographic balance.
- Achieve Millennium Development Goals
- Channelize capabilities of women for nation building
- Assure continuity of the scheme
- Define responsibilities of all functionaries
All girl children born in economically backward households Born on or
after 1 May 2013 Possessing White ration card
The benefits of this scheme are as follows:
The state government will give Rs 1,000 every month to every pregnant
woman the moment she conceives till she delivers a baby. If she gives birth
to - a baby girl born Rs 2,500
- Rs 1,500 every year through Anganwadis till the girl turns 5
- At the time of admission to school, Rs 1,000
- Rs 2,000 will be given every year for her studies from the first to
the fifth standard
- Rs 2,500 from sixth to eighth standard
- Rs 3,000 for ninth and tenth standard
- Rs 3,500 each year for Intermediate
- Rs 3,000 a year during her graduation.
In addition to any subsidy and incentive already provided.
After 21 years:
- If Intermediate completed & studies discontinued a pay out of
- If Degree completed, a payout of Rs.1 lakh
How To Apply
Contact to any of the followings to avail the benefits under this
- State Council under the Chairmanship of Chief Minister.
- Ministers and Secretaries of all relevant Departments.
- Women & Child Welfare Department is the Nodal Authority
- State level implementing Authorities: Contact to Society for
Elimination of Rural Poverty – Rural areas (SERP) &
- Mission for Elimination of Poverty in Municipal Areas (MEPMA)–
- For more information, call to RD Call Centre Toll Free Numbers
:155321 or 1800 200 4455
Central Government of India
Women & Child Welfare Department, Andhra Pradesh
Date of Launch
Share this article :