New Girl Child Protection Scheme 2005 for children, fiancial assistance
This scheme provides the financial assistance/incentive(also scholarship ) to both, the “single girl child” and the “two girl children” who
are belonging to below poverty line. The prime goal of this scheme is to protect the rights of the girl child through direct investment from the State Government
of Andhra Pradesh.
This scheme aims to achieve the following goals:
- To protect the rights of the girl child through direct investment from the State Government.
- To promote the enrollment and retention of the girl child in school and to ensure her education at least up to intermediate level.
- To encourage girls to get married only after the age of 18 years.
- To encourage parents to adopt family planning norm with two girl children.
- To protect the rights of the girl child.
- To empower the girl child socially and financially.
- To eliminate negative cultural attitudes and practices against girls.
- To strengthen the role of the family by improving the status of the girl child.
- To cover a special dispensation to Orphans/Destitutes and differently abled girls
To avail the benefits under this scheme, The following criteria should be fulfilled:
- The families belonging to below poverty line(BPL )having single girl child of 0-3 years of age or two girl children of whom the
age of the second girl child is not more than 3 years as on 01.04.2005 are eligible.
- The girl should be fully immunized.
- The incentive is provided only when she marries after 18 years of age,
- She has to study intermediate (i.e) 12th standard or equivalent to receive the final payment.
- Even if the girl fails in the 12th standard, or equivalent exam, she will be given incentive for final
payment after completion of 20 years.
- The income limit of the family of the Girl(with effect from January, 2013.) should satisfy the following criteria:
1. For rural areas, The income limit of the family of the Girl Child from Rs.20,000/- to Rs.40,000/- per annum
2. For urban areas, The income limit of the family of the Girl Child from Rs.24,000/- to Rs.48,000/- per annum
Girl child belonging to BPL families.
The benefits under this scheme are summarised as below:
- In case of a single girl child, she will be given Rs. 1.00 lakh after completion of
20 years of age.
- In case of two girl children, both of them will be given Rs.30,000/- each, after
completion of 20 years age.
- The maturity amount of Rs.1,00,000/- or Rs.30,000/- is given to those girls who fulfill the
condition of being educated upto 12th class and marrying only after completion of 18
- The scholarship from 9th Standard to 12th Standard (including ITI course) is given for Both, the “single girl child” and the “two girl children” of Rs.1,200/-
per annum during the period of their study.
- Also insurance is given to the beneficiaries. The nominee of the insured parent-member whilst he/she is the Insured Member under
Janasree Bima Yojana, is entitled to be paid.
|On Natural Death of insured
|On Death or Total Permanent Disability due to
|On Partial Permanent Disability due to accident
How To Apply
Contcat to Anganwadi worker/Child Development Project Officer concerned. Or
Department of Women Development & Child Welfare, Government of Andhra Pradesh and
Life Insurance Corporation as the financial institution are implementing this scheme, Contact to any one of these ones.
Visit to AP Online Portal of Andhra Pradesh and Apply Online.
Department of Women Development Child Welfare, Andhra Pradesh
Date of Launch
Information is not available
Share this article :