Scheme for rehabilitation of disabled persons
The Objectives of the Scheme are as follows:
- To encourage voluntary action. To create enabling environment.
- To ensure equal opportunities, equity and social justice to persons
- To empower persons with disabilities.
- To implement outreach and comprehensive Community Based
Rehabilitation programmes in urban and rural environments.
- To enhance education opportunities at all levels and in all
- To enlarge the scope of vocational and professional opportunities,
income generation and gainful occupations.
- To support all such measures as may be necessary for promoting
formal as well as non-formal employment and placement
- To support people with disabilities in projects which are
environment friendly and Eco promotive.
- To support effort to ensure protection of human, civil and consumer
rights persons with disabilities.
- To support legal literacy, including legal counselling, legal aid
and analysis and evaluation of existing laws.
- To support the development publication and dissemination of
information, documentation and training materials.
- To support the conduct of surveys and other forms of
- To support (a) construction and maintenance of building, (b)
furniture and fixtures, and (c) installation and maintenance of
machinery and equipment.
- To support and facilitate the availability of appropriate housing
homes and hostel facilities.
- To establish and support facilities for sports, recreation,
leisure-time activities, excursions,
- creative and performing arts, cultural and
socially inclusive activities.
- To promote research in various development areas, innovative
strategies, assistive devices and enabling technologies and support
production of such devices ensuring quality control.
- To support manpower development activities to train required
personnel at different levels for the programmes/projects/activities
for persons with disabilities. To set up well-equipped resource centres
at different levels.
- To promote and support the development of self-help, groups parent
organisations and independent living.
- To encourage coordination, cooperation, networking and
- To support such other measures, which may meet the needs of the
persons with disability
Indian citizens of any age and sex
Indian citizens with disabilities who have not had access to services so
How To Apply
Contact to any of the following :
- Organisations registered under the Societies Registration Act.
- A public trust registered under the law for the time being in force
or a Charitable Company licensed
Central Government of India
Date of Launch
Women and Child
Share this article :