Mukhya Mantri Kanya Vivah Yojna, Bihar
Ministry Of Women and Child Development, Bihar
The one-time cash transfer scheme aims at supporting marriage of women
at the right age. The scheme also aims to prevent dowry in marriages.
The objectives of this scheme are as below:
- To provide financial assistance to the family of the girl child at
the time of her marriage, encourage registration of marriage and her
education and to stop child marriage.
- To prevent the practice of dowry
To avail the benefits under this scheme, the following criteria should
- The age of the girl should be 18 years old or above.
- The girls belonging to below poverty line (BPL) families and those
families whose annual income is below (less than) Rs. 60,000 per
- The parent of the girl must have a domicile Certificate of
- At the time of marriage, the age of the girl and boy must not be
less than 18 and 21 years
- Marriage registration must be done and dowry must not be given or
- This scheme is applicable to marriages whichever married after 22nd
- In case of remarriage, the girl will not be eligible for availing
the benefits of the scheme.
- Attempts to act as a catalyst against social evils like child
marriage and dowry.
Girl child belonging to poor families
Under this Scheme, girls belonging to below poverty line (BPL) families
and those families whose annual income is below Rs. 60,000 per annum are
given Rs. 5000 at the time of marriage.
How To Apply
Contact to any of the followings:
- Contact to Block Development Officer Or
- Contact to District Welfare Officer
Central Government of India
Department of Social Welfare,Bihar
Date of Launch
Information is not available
Share this article :