Mukhyamantri Kanya Suraksha Yojana for girls of BPL, Bihar financial assistance
This scheme provides financial assistance to those girls of BPL families
who were born after November 22, 2007. Rs. 2000/- is given to girl child
after producing Birth registration certificate and the birth has to be
registered within a year of the birth. Assistance is given to only for two
girls per family. Under this scheme, an amount of Rs 2,000 is invested in
Child Carrier Balanced Plan of UTI Mutual Fund in the name of girl
This scheme aims to achieve the following goals:
- To ensure the rightful place of pride in the society for a girl
child, her safety and security, improve the sex ratio and to encourage
registration of birth
- To prevent female foeticides, to encourage birth of girl child
- To improve sex ratio and to encourage birth registration.
- To prevent female foeticide.
- To promote birth of the girl child in order to bring a balanced
ratio between sex ratio of girls and boys
- To make sure the rightful place of pride in society for a girl
child, to assure her of her safety and security
To avail the benefits under this scheme, the following conditions should
- The Girls belonging to below poverty line(BPL) families who were
born after 22-November-2007 are eligible.
- Only for two girls per family can avail the benefits under this
- The benefit is provided to only two girl child born after this
- The birth registration of the girl child should have been done
within one year after the birth and the age of the girl child should
not have exceeded three years.
Under this Scheme, the benefits are summarised as below:
- The financial assistance of Rs.2000/-will be invested for the first
two girls in a family belonging to below the poverty line and born on
or after November 22nd, 2007.
- When the girl becomes 18 years old, the amount equal to the
maturity value will be given to the girl child (Rs.18,000).
- In case of death of the girl child during the intervening period,
the amount will be paid back to the Women Development Corporation,
How To Apply
Contact to any of the followings:
- Contact to Child Development Project Officer of your respective
- Contact to Anganwadi Center that are the nodal unit for the
implementation of this scheme. Or
- Apply through the Directorate of Social Welfare (DSW) of Bihar
Department of Social Welfare,Bihar
Date of Launch
Share this article :