Central Sector Scholarship of Top Class Education For SC students
Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India
Central Sector Scholarship of Top Class Education For SC students aims
to provide top class education opportunities to meritorious students. Any
SC/ST student who got admission in one of those institutes will be awarded
a larger scholarship that will meet the requirements for tuition fees,
living expenses, books and a computer. This scheme is initiated by the
Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment in 2007.
The main objectives of this scheme are as follows:
- To promote qualitative education amongst SC students, by providing
full financial support for pursuing studies beyond 12th class.
- To provide top class education opportunities to meritorious
The student should fullfill the following conditions:
- The student should belong to SC Category
- The annual income of the SC students is up to Rs. 4.50 lakhs
- The SC students, who secure admission in the notified institutions
- Strictly on the basis of merit, the scholarship is provided.
- The scholarship will be terminated if the student fails to pass the
final examination of each year or any terminal examination prescribed.
He will, however, remain eligible for the Post-Matric Scholarship.
The benefits of the scheme are as below:
Scholarship will be awarded for
- Full tuition fee and other non-refundable charges (there will be a
ceiling of Rs. 2.00 lakh per annum per student towards fee in the
private institutions and Rs.3.72 lakh per annum per student in private
commercial pilot training institutions).
- Living expenses @ of Rs.2220 per month per student
- books and stationery @ Rs.3000 per annum per student and
- a latest computer with full accessories limited to Rs. 45000 per
student as one time assistance only. Living expenses, cost of books and
stationary and computer are subject to actual.
The scholarship, once given, will continue until the completion of the
course, subject to the satisfactory performance.
How To Apply
Contact to Head of the Institution/School
Central Government of India
Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
Date of Launch
Share this article :