Scheme of Free Education for Meritorious Scheduled Castes And Other Backward Classes students, Chandigarh
Scheme of Free Education for Meritorious Scheduled Castes And Other
Backward Classes students basically aims to provide a lump sum annual
allowance, a monthly pocket allowance, books and stationary and other
allowance for Meritorious Scheduled Castes And Other Backward Classes
To support financially for Meritorious Scheduled Castes And Other
Backward Classes students.
Students should fulfill the following criteria, to avail the benefits
under this Scheme:
- Student belonging to any caste declared as Scheduled Caste or Other
Backward Class for the UT., Chandigarh are eligible
- The total annual family income of parents shall not exceed Rs.
- Student should have passed +2 or qualifying examination in the
first attempt from any School/College in UT., Chandigarh with minimum
of 50% marks and he/she should have studied in UT., Chandigarh for at
least two academic sessions.
- Parents of the student should be bonafide residents of UT.,
Chandigarh for the past three years.
The benefits under this scheme is summarised as below:
- A lump sum annual allowance of Rs. 5,000/- payable in one
installment in start of the academic session.
- Full reimbursement of tuition fees up to a maximum of Rs. 30,000/-
and other non-refundable charges payable to the institution.
- A monthly pocket allowance of Rs. 500/- for day students.
- A monthly allowance of Rs. 1,000/- for hostellers is provided to
- For students taking admission in cities other than Chandigarh,
reimbursement of actual journey fare will be admissible thrice in one
academic year provided fare for to and fro journey by ordinary bus or
ordinary class rail does not exceed Rs. 150/-
- Minimum essential books and stationary.
- Any other allowance considered necessary Administration from time
How To Apply
Contact to Office of the Director Higher Education, UT., Chandigarh
Department of Education, Chandigarh
Date of Launch
Share this article :