Dairy Entrepreneurship Development financial support
Ministry of agriculture
This scheme is centrally sponsored scheme by the Government of India to
provide financial support to entrepreneurs to start a dairy and allied
business. This scheme has come into effect from 1st September 2010.
Central Government of India
The main objectives of this scheme are as below:
- To provide financial support for starting dairy and allied
businesses to generate rural self-employment and provide
- To promote setting up of modern dairy farms for the production of
- To encourage heifer calf rearing, thereby conserving good breeding
- To bring structural changes in unorganised sector so that initial
processing of milk can be taken up at the village level itself
- To bring about up gradation of quality and traditional technology
to handle milk on a commercial scale
- To generate self-employment and provide infrastructure for
Any farmers, individual entrepreneurs, NGOs, companies, groups of
unorganised and organised sectors, etc. are eligible to avail the benefits
under this scheme.
The benefits of this scheme are summarised as below:
- Entrepreneur’s contribution: minimum 10% of total outlay
- Back ended capital subsidy: 25% (33.33% for SC/ST beneficiaries) of
total outlay, subject to a ceiling
- Cold storage for milk/milk products: Rs.30 lakh
- Bank’s share: Balance portion - minimum 40%.
How To Apply
A Udyami Helpline: Dial 1800-180-6763 [Toll Free Number] for queries
relating to this Schemes.
To commercial banks, state cooperative banks, SLDBs,
regional rural banks and other agencies eligible for refinance from NABARD.
Share this article :