Dikri Bachao Campaign (Save Girl Child) – Matru Vandana Yatra, Gujarat
Ministry Of Women and Child Development, Gujarat
This scheme is popularly known as Beti Vadhaao Abhiyan. This
scheme is for the mothers whose offspring are only one daughter or both
daughters and no son And the financial assistance is given to such
The objectives of Dikri Bachao Campaign is as follows:
- To promote birth of the girl child and encouraging people to
welcome the birth of a female child
- To ensure the rightful place of pride in society for a girl child,
to assure her of her safety and security.
- To improve the Male-Female sex ratio and to prevent the
gender-biased sex selective elimination.
- Address the declining sex ratio through scholarship programmes
- To ensure survival & protection of the girl child.
- To ensure education and participation of the girl child.
The following criteria should be fulfilled to avail the benefits under
- The age of the women should be below 35 years on the date of
vasectomy/tubectomy (family planning operation).
- When a family having only one daughter, the age of the daughter
should be more than one year.
- Social Defence Certificate is given to families who adopt family
planning after having one or two daughters or and have no son.
- Financial assistance of Rs. 6000 aid is given to a family having
only one daughter and no son.
- Financial assistance of Rs. 5000 aid is given to a family having
two daughters and no son.
How To Apply
Women & Child Development Department, Gujarat
Date of Launch
Information is not available
Share this article :