Haryana State Meritorious Incentive Scheme for the students who attain merit position in Annual University Examinations
Ministry of Education, Haryana
Under this scheme, the male students (General Category) female students
(General Category) and S.C. students (both male and female) will be given
fixed annual incentive, based on their position/performance in Annual
University examination of main educational streams, such as Arts, Commerce,
Science (Medical and Non-Medical) and Education in both undergraduate and
post graduate classes.
This scheme aims to achieve following goals:
- The objective of the scheme is to encourage the meritorious
students studying in the Government Colleges of the State by giving a
substantial amount to them as a motivating incentive.
- To encourage excellence in academics and overall development of the
The student should satisfy the following criteria to avail the benefits
under this scheme:
- This scheme will be college-specific and for three meritorious
students in each stream who stood first, second and third in the annual
university examination will be given this incentive.
- The award will be given only to the students pursuing general
courses in the Government Colleges. Candidates from non-Government
colleges and those who pursue their studies through correspondence
courses/open universities will not be eligible for the award.
- The merit list will be prepared separately for the boys (general
category) Girls (general category) and S.C. students (Combined list of
girls and boys).
- In case S.C. students qualifies in the general list, his/her name
would be considered in the general list and the extra award would be
given (on the merit basis only) to the students of S.C. category.
- The award holder under this scheme will hold any other
scholarship/stipend from the State Government or any other source.
- There is no income limit for these awards.
The incentive will be awarded separately for each stream i.e. Arts,
Commerce, Science (Medical/Non-Medical) and Education. The students who
stand first in the merit will be given Rs.5000/- per annum, second -
Rs.3000/- per annum and the student who stands third in the Merit will be
given Rs.2000/- per annnum
How To Apply
Contact to Head of Institution/College.
Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD)
Date of Launch
Share this article :