Jan Shikshan Sansthan (JSSs)
Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India
The scheme of Jan Shikshan Sansthans (JSSs) are established to provide vocational training to non-literate, neo-literate, also for school drop outs by identifying skills as would have a market in the region of their establishment.
The objective of this scheme are as follows:
- To Develop/Source appropriate curriculum and training modules covering vocational elements general awareness and life enrichment components wherever possible, JSS are encouraged to undertake
- To provide training equivalent to courses designed by the Directorate of Adult education, National Institute of Open Schooling and Director General Employment & Training.
- To Provide training to a pool of resource persons and master trainers for conducting training as also the availability of infrastructure and training – specific equipment.
- Administer simple tests and award certificates 6.Network with employers and industries for trainees to get suitable placements.
- To manage training and orientation courses for Key Resource Persons, Master Trainers on designing, development and implementation of skill development programmes under the scheme of Continuing Education for neo-literates
- To organise equivalency programmes through Open Learning Systems
- To widen the range of knowledge and understanding of the social, economic and political systems in order to create a critical awareness about the environment
- To encourage national goals such as secularism, national integration, population and development, women‟s equality, protection and conservation of environment etc.
All the three programme of the Scheme are open to only such Public charitable trusts, not –for- profit companies/NGOs/Agencies registered and registered Societies as would meet the eligibility criteria fixed by the Government of India.
Voluntary Agencies who work for this scheme
Assistance to Voluntary Agencies.
How To Apply
- Contact to Directorate of Adult Education Or
- Contact to Department of School Education and LiteracyOr
- Contact to Ministry of Human Resources, Government of India/ National Literacy Mission are contacted for further details.
Central Government of India
Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD)
Date of Launch
Share this article :Facebook Twitter Google