Janshree Bima Yojana for Khadi Artisans
Ministry of micro, small and medium enterprises
In order to provide insurance cover to khadi artisans, a scheme of group insurance in the name of Khadi Karigar Janshree BimaYojana (JBY) was launched. This scheme was formulated by KVIC in association with the Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC).
Central Government of India
Insurance cover to khadi artisans for natural death due to accident and loss of both eyes and both limbs, plus a scholarship up to 12th standard for two children
Khadi Karigar (spinners and weavers) aged between 18 years and 59 years and below, or marginally above the poverty line
- For death due to: (1) natural causes – Rs.20,000; and (2) accident – Rs.50,000
- For permanent disability (loss of two eyes or two limbs) – Rs.50,000.
- For partial disability (loss of one eye or one limb) – Rs.25,000.
- Free add-on benefit: Scholarship of Rs.300 per quarter for children of Khadi
How To Apply
A Udyami Helpline: Dial 1800-180-6763 [Toll Free Number] for queries relating to this Schemes.
Contact to :Nominee of the deceased Khadi Karigar to Department of LIC of India through the Khadi institution under which the deceased was a member.
Micro, small and Medium enterprises
- Karigar, studying in 9th to 12th standard, subject to a maximum of 2 children per family
Share this article :Facebook Twitter Google
- Credit Guarantee
- Credit Linked Capital Subsidy for Technologny Upgradation
- ISO 9000/ISO 14001 Certification Reimbursement
- Micro & Small Enterprises Cluster Development Programme
- Micro Finance Programme
- MSME Market Development Assistance (MDA)
- National Awards (Individual MSEs)
- Marketing Support/Assistance to MSMEs (Bar Code)
- Entrepreneurial and Managerial Development of SMEs through Incubators
- Enabling Manufacturing Sector to be Competitive through QMS & QTT
- Building Awareness on Intellectual Property Rights (IPR)