Financial assistance to sc, M.Phil and Ph.d. students in karnataka
Ministry of Education, Karnataka
This scheme was introduced during 1997-98 to encourage and assist
scheduled casts(s.c.) students who are studying/doing research in different
Universities for their M.Phil and Ph.D. courses.
To encourage and assist S.C. students.
To avail this scholarship, the conditions laid down are as follows:
- Financial assistance will be given in two installments for Ph.D.
students. Rs. 5000/- will be paid after registration and again Rs.
5000/- is paid after the completion of the course. For M.Phil students
after the completion of the course Rs. 8000/- is sanctioned.
- The Head of institution / Guide of the research work has to state
that the work of the concerned student is satisfactory.
- Those students who join Ph.D. directly become eligible for the
sanction of money only after they pass the Pre-Ph.D examination and
those who come after completing M.Phil become eligible in the third
- The students who want to obtain financial assistance through the
Department of Social Welfare should not be the recipient of either UGC
/ CSIR/ ICMR or any other Research scholarship.
The students doing their M.Phil courses are entitled to get a financial
assistance of Rs. 8,000.00 towards the end of their course at the time of
submitting their thesis, as this is a one-year course. Ph.D. students are
sanctioned, Rs. 10,000.00 towards the end of their research work. Those
students who continue Ph.D. directly after M.Phil are eligible for
financial assistance in third year itself.
How To Apply
Contact to any of the followings:
- Contact to The Taluk Social Welfare officer at Taluk level Or
- Contact to District Social Welfare officer of concerned Districts
- Contact to Director of Social Welfare, Bangalore.
Department of Social Welfare, Karnataka
Date of Launch
Share this article :