Financial assistance to the SC students who are selected by the foreign universities for higher education, Karnataka
Ministry of Education, Karnataka
This scheme helps to encourage and provide financial assistance to SC
students who pursue higher education in Foreign Universities. Total income
from all sources of the employed candidate or his / her parents /guidelines
should not exceed Rs. 12,000/- per month as certified by the employer. A
copy of the latest tax assessment is also enclosed with application.
To encourage and provide financial assistance to SC students who pursue
higher education in Foreign Universities.
The following conditions apply for getting eligibility in order to
obtain the Foreign Scholarships :
- The student should be a permanent resident of Karnataka State and
should belong to the Scheduled Caste.
- The Student must have passed his University Degree / P.G. with
minimum of 60% of marks to become eligible.Secondly, he must have
obtained admission in a reputed Foreign University.
- Preference is given to Rank holders and merit.
- If two eligible students have the same marks or rank, then
preference is given to the student, who is elder of the two.
- The age limit of the student should be bellow 35 years, as from the
date of commencement of the course/ studies applied for and duly
authorized as per list enclosed.
SC students who pursue higher education in Foreign Universities.
The benefits are as below:
- Air fare in Indian Airlines in economy class only will be given
once for traveling to the University after admission and again while
returning after completing the studies.
- The Tuition fees and other compulsory fees, expenditure on books,
stationery etc will be paid by the Government.
- The boarding and lodging charges incurred during the student's stay
abroad is also paid by the Government of Karnataka.
How To Apply
Approach to The Directorate of Social Welfare, Bangalore-1.
Department of Social Welfare, Karnataka
Date of Launch
Share this article :