Post-matric hostels (college hostels) Scholarship, Karnataka
Ministry of Education, Karnataka
The post matric Scholarship have tow major components-
- The government of India scholarship (G.O.I. scholarship)- boarding
- E.B.L charges- extra boarding & lodging charges. -There is a
separate head of account for aspects such as rent, water, and
These college hostels are managed by Principals of concerned Colleges/
District Social Welfare officers / Taluk Social Welfare officers etc.
To provide free hostel and other facilities to students.
Students are selected as per the seats available at the hostels,
preference is given to the college students coming from rural areas and
admission to the students coming from within the radius of 8 K.m are
discouraged. The students are selected by District level and Taluk
The benefits under this scheme are summarised as below:
- Lodging facilities are provided either in Government or rented
building. They are provided with food at the rate of Rs. 500 per month
per boarder-which includes Government of India scholarship and EBL
- Library facility is also established in each college hostel. In
these hostels, food charges are met out of Government of India
scholarships and EBL charges subject to a maximum of Rs. 400 per month
How To Apply
To avail the benefits under this scheme Contact to any of the
- Approach to The District Social Welfare Officers at the District
- Contact to Taluk Social Welfare Officers at the Taluk Levels.
- Contact to The Taluk Social Welfare officer at Taluk level Or
- Contact to District Social Welfare office at District level.
- Contact to The Chief Executive officer of the Zilla Panchayat can
also be approached.Or
Department of Social Welfare, Karnataka
Date of Launch
Share this article :