Prize money to meritorious students for SC students, Karnataka
Ministry of Education, Karnataka
The prize money is given to SC students who secure I class in first
attempt in public examinations like S.S.L.C./ P.U.C / Degree/ P.G.courses /
Professional courses etc.
In order to encourage meritorious SC students to continue their good
efforts in education, prize money is being awarded by the Government every
The students should fulfill the following criteria:
- The student must belong to SC / ST community
- He / she should secure I class in I attempt, in S.S.L.C. / P.U.C./
Degree/ P.G./ Professional courses.
- He / she should be the student of a recognized institution.
- There is no income limit for sanction of prize money .
The rate of prize money awarded to the students in various courses are
- S.S.L.C. :Rs. 500.00
- II P.U.C. :Rs. 750.00
- Degree B.A/ B.Com/ B.Sc :Rs. 1000.00
- Post Graduation (M.A./ M.Sc/ M.Com) :Rs. 1250.00
- Engineering :Rs. 1500.00
- Medical :Rs. 1500.00 g. Agriculture & Veternary Services. :Rs.
How To Apply
To avail the benefits under this scheme Contact to any of the
- Contact to The Taluk Social Welfare officer at Taluk level Or
- Contact to District Social Welfare office at District level.
Department of Social Welfare, Karnataka
Date of Launch
Share this article :