Educational Assistance to Children of Women Headed Families, financial Assistance, Kerala
Ministry Of Women and Child Development, Kerala
The number of women-headed families in Kerala is very high.This scheme
is for those families who are living in very bad conditions. The scheme
proposes to extend a helping hand to these families by way of providing
financial assistance to the education of children. A one-time assistance is
given to such families.
To help the children of women headed families.
The following criteria should be fulfilled:
- The families belonging to below poverty line (BPL) also (HIV/AIDS
affected persons, socially discriminated persons, war widows etc. are
eligible irrespective of their BPL status)
- Only two children of a family are eligible
- The child who avail any other scholarship is not eligible for the
assistance. A certificate to this has to be obtained from the head of
the educational institution where the child studies
Children of Women Headed Families
The financial assistance of Rs. 250/- from SSLC to Plus two and Rs.
500/- for Degree and above education is given.
How To Apply
Contact to any of the following:
- At Village Level:- Anganwadi Workers Or
- At Block Level:Child Development Project Officer (CDPO) Or
- At the District level:Child Development Project Officer (CDPO)
Social welfare department, Kerala
Date of Launch
Women and Child
Share this article :