Victim Rehabilitation Scheme for victims of rape, treatment, housing, destruction of crops, education, Kerala

Ministry Of Women and Child Development, Kerala


In this scheme, compensation/financial assistance is given to victims of treatment, housing, destruction of crops, education, / income generating activities and rape cases. So that they can live normal life.


To help and rehabilitate to the victims.


The following criteria should be fulfilled to avail the benefits under this scheme:

  1. Applicant should be a native resident of Kerala and has to produce income certificate from the village officer.
  2. Treatment is provided to victims in any central/state government hospital. In rural areas, if the facilities of government hospitals are not available, the treatment in private hospitals is given to the persons.
  3. Compensation will be given completely on the basis of the medical certificate issued.
  4. No compensation shall be given for road/motor accidents.
  5. If the surviving victims are children, the amount of compensation will be deposited in a bank till they acquire majority.


Victims include dependants (sons/daughters/parents/minor sisters/brothers) of victims expired.


Maximum amount of compensation shall be Rs. 10,000/-. However, in deserving cases, committee of officers formed for the purpose headed by the District Collector will decide the amount to be granted.

Compensation shall be provided to victims for the following:


Treatment charges include entire treatment charges ie., medicine, equipments, hospital charges etc.


Compensation will be given completely on the basis of the certificate issued by the Tahsildar after assessing the damage caused to the building

Destruction of Crops

Compensation will be decided on the basis of the certificate from the Agriculture Officer

Income Generating Activities

Assistance shall be provided through linkage with financial institutions

Rape Cases

In rape cases minor, adult and married woman shall be also given treatment. In this case, children and adults shall be treated as one group and compensation provided during this year. The cases of widow/divorcees shall be taken up during next financial year.

How To Apply

Contact to any of the following to avail the benefits under this scheme:

  • Contact the Superintendent of nearby welfare institutions of Social Justice Department, Kerala
  • Deputy Director of Women and Child Development of the respective Districts Or
  • Child Development Project Officer (CDPO)

Sponsored By



Social Justice Department, Kerala

Date of Launch

Valid Upto

Information is not available




Women Empowerment

Share this article :

Facebook Twitter Google

See Also


vishal hule is the author of

Authored By Vishal Hule

Vishal Hule is the founder of He is from Pune. Vishal Hule is Software Engineer by profession and political enthusiast too.
His blog, receives 4,20,000 to 4,30,000 Pageviews/month.