Mukhya Mantri Kanyadan Yojana for poor, needy, destitute families, Madhya Pradesh
Ministry Of Women and Child Development, Madhya Pradesh
Under this scheme the financial assistance is provided to poor, needy,
destitute families for marrying off their daughters/widows/divorcees. Also,
this scheme includes the mass marriages of the matured couples at free of
the cost in order to avoid unnecessary expenditure on weddings.
The objectives of this scheme are summarized as below:
- To provide financial assistance poor, needy, destitute families for
marrying off their daughters/widows/divorcees.
- To change the negative mindset of parents towards the girl
The following conditions should be fulfilled to avail the benefits under
- Age of girl should be 18 or more years.
- Given only in mass marriages with the condition that the girl must
have attained the age fixed for marriage. Mass marriages are performed,
which not only increase social harmony but also curb unnecessary
expenditure on weddings. All the sections of society are benefited by
this scheme. Marriages of Hindu and Muslim couples are solemnized at
the same venue, which leads to communal harmony and goodwill. The
family should be domicile of MP and should currently be living in
- The family of applicant girl should be poor, needy or the girls
should be destitute, widow or divorcee.
The benefits of this scheme are as below:
- Household items such as clothes, ornaments, utensils, pressure
cooker, LPG Gas cylinder, Sewing machine and stove are provided to the
beneficiaries. And an amount of worth Rs.9000/- and Rs. 1000/- per
beneficiary is given to the organization to cover the expenses in the
- The financial assistance of amount has been given to Rs 10,000/-
out of which Rs 9,000 is given for household items.
How To Apply
Department of Social justice, Madhya Pradesh
Date of Launch
Information is not available
Women and Child
Share this article :