Lek Soniyachi for Maharashtra state girls from below poverty line (BPL) belonging to SC and ST category
Ministry Of Women and Child Development, Maharashtra
The objectives of this scheme are as follows:
- To empower the girl child in all aspects and bring them on par with
boys in families.
- TO prevent female foeticide.
The following conditions should be fulfilled to avail the benefits under
- 'Lek Soniyachi', named after UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi. The
girls belonging SCs and STs are eligible
- The girl's birth should be registered within a year at the Gram
Panchayat or at the Municipal Council or at Municipal Corporation.
Girls from below poverty line (BPL) families belonging to SC and ST
The benefits under this scheme are summarised as below:
- Government of Maharashtra deposits an amount of Rs 21,200 in the
name of each girl a child belonging to BPL family with the insurance
company. When the girl attains age of 18, the amount of Rs one lakh
will be paid to her.
- The beneficiary girl will get Rs 200 as monthly scholarship from
- If the earning parent dies a natural death, the girl will get Rs
30,000 while in case of accidental death and permanent handicap, the
beneficiary will be entitled to Rs 75,000, and Rs 37, 500 in the case
of partial handicap in mishap.
How To Apply
Department of Women and Child Development, Maharashtra.
Date of Launch
Information is not available
Share this article :