Mahila Samakhya Programme
Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India
This scheme is to provide education for women’s equality is initiated the Government of India in 1989.This programme for the education and empowerment of women in rural areas, particularly of women from socially and economically marginalised groups.It aims to make women aware, empowered, capable and self-reliant. Mahila Samakhya has been particularly successful in targeting out-of-school girls by working with the community to create learning opportunities in alternative centres, residential camps and early childhood development centres. The programme has been supported by State government, UNICEF, World Bank and others.This programme for the education and empowerment of women in rural areas, particularly of women from socially and economically marginalised groups.
It aims to achieve the following goals:
- To empower women's education
- To make awareness of the need to educate the children, especially girls, to give the equal status and opportunities which have resulted in a direct impact on enrolment and retention of girls in schools.
All women of India can avail the benefits under this scheme.
Non-government organisations involving in this scheme.
Provision of educational opportunities for women and girls in rural areas, particularly of women from socially and economically marginalised groups.
How To Apply
Contact to any of the followings:
- Contact to District Implementation Unit
- Contact to State Programme Office
- Contact to National Project Office
Central Government of India
Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD)
Date of Launch
Share this article :Facebook Twitter Google