Maulana Azad National Fellowship for Students from Minority Community financial assistance
Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India
The scheme provides what requirements are needed to the minority community students/candidates pursuing research studies, postgraduate students/candidates, leading to regular and full-time M.Phil and Ph.D. courses only, and equivalent research degree in universities, research institutions, and scientific institutions within India.
The objectives of the scheme are as below:
- To provide integrated five-year fellowships in the form of financial assistance to students/candidates from minority communities, as notified by the Central Government of India
- To pursue higher studies such as M. Phil and Ph.D. The Fellowship will cover all Universities/Institutions recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC)
A candidate/student should fulfill the following conditions to be eligible for this fellowship:
- A candidate/student should belong to any one of the minority communities.
- A candidate/student should get admission and registration for regular and full-time M.Phil/Ph.D. courses in University/Academic Institution by fulfilling conditions of admission of that University/Institution, subject to provisions of the Fellowship as per advertisement of UGC.
- The minority community students once considered eligible for the fellowship shall not be entitled to benefits under any other source, Central or State Government or any other body like UGC for the same study.
- Prior clearance of NET/SLET examination will not be a prerequisite for award of Maulana Azad National Fellowship for minority students for M.Phil/Ph.D.
- In order to qualify for the award of JRF/ SRF the UGC norms would be applicable at preM.Phil and pre-Ph.D stage, respectively, including the minimum score of 50% at postgraduate level.
Also Candidate should fulfill following conditions:
- Any candidate/student belong to any one of the Minority Community admitted to M.Phil/Ph.D. degree in a University or academic.
- Prior clearance of NET/SLET examination will not be a prerequisite to bag the fellowship.
All minority students/candidates fulfilling above eligiblity, Post-Graduate Students
The benefits are in terms of fellowship to the minority community students.
The rate of fellowship for JRF and SRF will be at par with the UGC fellowship as changes from time to time. Presently the following are the rate of fellowship as below:
*In addition, for physically /visually handicapped candidates escorts/reader assistance will be given @ Rs. 2,000 p.m. HRA and other incidentals will be paid as per the UGC pattern.
|Fellowship||@ Rs.16,000/- p.m. for initial two years (JRF)
@ Rs.18,000/- p.m. for remaining tenure (SRF)
|Contingency for Arts & Commerce||@ Rs.10, 000/- p.a. for initial two years
@ Rs.20, 500/- p.a. for remaining three years.
|Contingency for Sciences & Engineering||@ Rs.12, 000/- p.a. for initial two years
@ Rs.25, 000/- p.a. for remaining three years
|Departmental assistance||@ Rs.3,000/- p.a. per student to the host institution for providing infrastructure|
|Escorts/Reader Assistance||@Rs.2,000/- p.m. in cases of physically and visually challenged the candidate|
|Name of the Course||Maximum duration||Admissibility of JRF and SRF|
|M. Phil||2 years||2 Years|
|M.Phil + Ph.D||5 years||2 Years, Remaining 3 years (SRF)|
How To Apply
Students need to apply online or to the UGC in response to advertisements published in newspapers, websites and other web platforms.
Central Government of India
Ministry of Minority Affairs
Date of Launch
Share this article :Facebook Twitter Google
- Free coaching and allied scheme for the candidates/students belonging to minority communities
- Nai Manzil Scheme
- "Nai Roshni"- The Scheme for Leadership Development of Minority Women
- Scheme for Grants-in-aid to State Channelising Agencies (SCAs) of National Minorities Development and Finance Corporation (NMDFC)
- Scheme for Leadership Development of Minority Women
- Scheme of ‘merit cum means based scholarship’ for students belonging to the minority communities
- Scheme of ‘post-matric scholarship’ for students belonging to the minority communities
- Scheme of ‘pre-matric scholarship’ for students belonging to the minority communities