Nai Roshni Scheme for Leadership Development of Minority Women Training, Health
Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India
This scheme is basically for the empowerment of women. The scheme aims for leadership development of minority women, including their neighbors from other communities living in the village/locality, is to empower and to introduce self-confidence in women, by providing knowledge, tools and techniques for interacting with Government Of India systems, banks, and intermediaries at all levels.
The empowerment of women not in terms of equity but also plays the vital role in a critical element in our fight for poverty reduction, economic growth and strengthening of civil society. This scheme includes the support to the women and children families who are the worst sufferers in poverty. Empowering women, especially mothers, is even more important as it is in homes that she nourishes, nurture and molds the character of her children.
The effort would encouragement of embolden minority women to move out of the confines of their home and community and assume leadership roles and assert their rights, collectively or individually, in accessing services, facilities, skills, and opportunities besides claiming their due share of development benefits of the Government Of India for improving their lives and living conditions. Also, The schemes are to encourage minority women and to increase source of income.
“Nai Roshni” program/Scheme is implemented with the help of non-governmental organizations (NGOs), Civil societies and Government Institutions all over the country. It includes various training modules like Leadership of women, Educational Programmes, Health and Hygiene, Swachch Bharat, Financial Literacy, Life Skills, Legal Rights of Women, Digital Literacy and Advocacy for Social and behavioral change.
The objectives of this scheme are as below:
- To empower and build self-confidence among minority women, including their neighbors from other communities living in the same village/locality, by providing knowledge, tools, and techniques for interacting with Government systems, banks and other institutions at all levels.
- To develop leadership roles and define their rights, collectively or individually, in accessing services, facilities, skills, and opportunities besides claiming their due share of development benefits of the Government of India for improving their lives and living conditions.
To avail the benefits of this scheme, women should fulfill the following conditions:
- Women should belong to one of the minority communities such as Muslims, Sikhs, Christians, Buddhists and Zoroastrians (Parsis)
- The age limit of the woment should be 18 years to 65 years.
Minority Community Women
The benefits of the scheme are in terms of Trainings to women. Below are the training programmes:
- Non-residential Leadership Development Training in the village/urban locality.
- Residential Leadership Development Training.
- Nurturing and Hand Holding Training programme.
- Concurrent Monitoring and Reporting Training.
- Various workshop to women empowerment.
How To Apply
- Respond to the ministry advertisements published in newspapers, websites and other web platforms. Or
- Contact to the District Collector Or Deputy Commissioner Or Sub Divisional Officer/Block Development Officer Or
- Call Helpline -1800-11-2001 (Toll Free)
- Visit to the The Nai Roshni website of the Government of India
Central Government of India
Ministry of Minority Affairs
Date of Launch
Women Empowerment, Minority Community Schemes
Share this article :Facebook Twitter Google