National Means Cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme (NMMSS) for students of economically weak
This scheme is a centrally sponsored scheme by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, for the development of secondary education in public schools throughout India
The objectives of National Means-Cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme can be summarised as follows:
- To give scholarships to meritorious students of economically weaker sections to arrest their drop out at class 8th standard.
- To enhance the quality of secondary education
- To remove gender, socio-economic and disability hurdles.
All students studying at secondary level.
Students whose parental income from all sources should not more than Rs. 1,50,000/- are eligible to avail the scholarships.
Students should enroll in any Government/Local Body/Government aided school of India
Students of Government/Local Body/Government aided school.
Amount of scholarship of Rs.6000/- per annum (Rs.500/- per month) per student is given to the selected students every year for study in classes from 9th to 12 standards in Government, Government aided and local body schools. There is quota of scholarships for different states/UTs.
How To Apply
Contact to any of the followings to avail the benefits under this scheme:
- Contact to Head of the College/Institution Or
- Contact to State/ UT Governments or the autonomous organizations/Academics/Institutions, Autonomous Bodies
Central Government of India
Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD)
Date of Launch
Share this article :Facebook Twitter Google
- Financial Assistance For Appointment Of Language Teachers
- Incentives To Girls For Secondary Education
- Scheme for Inclusive Education for Disabled at Secondary Stage (IEDSS)
- Model School Scheme
- Prime Minister's Scholarship Scheme For Central Armed Police Forces And Assam Rifles
- Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan (RMSA)