Swadhar Shelter Home, food, clothing for women of Odisha
Ministry Of Women and Child Development, Odisha
Women and Child Development Department,Odisha
Under this scheme, free immediate shelter, food, clothing and care is
provided to women in crisis.
This scheme aims to achieve the following goals:
- To provide immediate shelter, food, clothing and care to women in
- To arrange for specific clinical, legal support in coordination
with Local/ State administration.
- To coordinate in rehabilitating women in crisis.
The following criteria should be fulfilled to avail the benefits under
- Widows deserted by their families and relatives are eligible.
- Women prisoners not accepted by the families are eligible.
- Women survivors of natural calamityare eligible.
- Trafficked women/girls rescued from brothels are eligible.
- Women victims of terrorist violence are eligible.
- Mentally challenged women are eligible.
- Women with HIV/AIDS & deserted by their family are eligible.
- Any other category of women who are in distress can avil the
benefits under this scheme.
The benefits under this scheme are summarised as below:
- Provision for food, shelter and clothing for the women and their
children below the age of 18 years free of cost.
- Counselling for the women in difficult circumstances.
- Clinical, Legal and other support for women in difficult
circumstances are provided
- Training for the economic empowerment and rehabilitation of such
women is given at free of cost.
- Helpline facilities are available 24x7 Hours
How To Apply
Contact to any of the following to avail the benefits under this
- Deputy Director of Women and Child Development of the respective
- District Social Welfare Officer/Women and Child Development Officer
Date of Launch
Share this article :