Scheme for Pashmina Wool Development of Government Of India
Ministry Of Textiles
India produces the finest Pashmina (Cashmere) wool in the world, coming from Changthang plateau of Ladakh region of J&K state. Pashmina wool is produced from the Changra (Pashmina) goat in Ladakh and the Chegu breed of goat in the eastern parts of Himalayas. There are 2.45 lakh goats (2 lakh in Changra & Malra goat which produces Pashmina) in Ladakh. Many local types of non-Pashmina goats are also found (nearly 45,000) which come from the same larger genetic pool and contribute little to the total Pashmina production of the region. The scheme is designed to make a meaningful intervention given the potential of this area to produce Pashmina of top quality
Central Government of India
To help and augment production of Pashmina (Cashmere) wool
The scheme will be operative in Leh and Kargil area of Ladakh region of J&K state and will benefit existing Pashmina wool growers and unemployed youth of the area. The project will be implemented by the State Government organization/Ladakh Autonomous Hill Development Council, Leh and Kargil/universities working in research on Pashmina goats.
Distribution of high quality Pashmina bucks: provides 800 bucks to selected Pashmina breeders at Rs.5,000 per buck in 4 years
Assistance for foundation stock in new areas for Pashmina rearing activities:
- Provides 48 female + 2 male Pashmina goats under one unit to selected progressive farmer at Rs.5,000/animal. Benefits 36 breeders in 4 years at Rs.2.50 lakh per unit.
- Health coverage: At Rs.18 per animal coverage for 4 years to benefit total 2 lakh Pashmina goats every year
- Strengthening of existing fodder banks/farms of LAHDC: 3 banks/farms at Rs.25 lakh per site with provision of storage hall and mini feed plant to use local material
- Strengthening of existing Pashmina goat breeding farms: 3 existing farms at Rs.25 lakh per farm
How To Apply
A Udyami Helpline: Dial 1800-180-6763 [Toll-Free Number] Free Number] for queries relating to these Schemes.
Contact to the Ladakh Autonomous Hill Development Council (LAHDC)/Leh
Share this article :Facebook Twitter Google
- Additional Grant for Apparel Manufacturing Units for Integrated Textile Park (SITP)
- Catalytic Development Programme (CDP) in Project Mode
- Comprehensive Handloom Cluster Development (CHCD) Mega Handloom Cluster (12th Plan)
- Comprehensive Handlooms Development Scheme (CHD)
- Yarn Supply
- Design and Technology Up-gradation
- Babasaheb Ambedkar Hastshilp Vikas Yojana
- Human Resource Development (HRD)