Post Matric Scholarship(PMS) for ST Students
Ministry Of Tribal Affairs, Government of India
This Scheme provides financial assistance to the Scheduled Tribe (STs)students studying at post matriculation or post-secondary stage. Scholarships are given who study in India only. The assistance is in the form of scholarship and allowances.
The objective of this scheme is to assist the scheduled Tribe (STs)students studying at post matriculation or post-secondary stage financially.
The students should satisfy the following conditions:
- The annual income of the students whose parents’/guardians’ income from all sources does not more than Rs. 2.50 lakh per annum.
- All children of the same parents/guardian are eligible.
- Scheduled Tribe candidates who have passed the matriculation or higher secondary or any higher examination of a recognized University or Board of Secondary Education are eligible.
- The scholarships are available for the study of all recognized post matriculation or post-secondary courses in recognized institutions except certain identified training courses like Aircraft Maintenance Engineer’s Courses, Private Pilot Licence courses etc.
- Students studying through correspondence courses are eligible.
- Employed students on leave without pay for the entire duration of a full time course are eligible for course.
- The scholarship holder under this scheme will not avail any other scholarship/stipend.
- Students who have received coaching in any of the pre-examination training centres with financial assistance from the Government will not be eligible.
- Scholars are paid Fees for enrolment/registration, tuition, games, Union, Library, Magazine, Medical Examination and such other fees compulsorily payable by the scholar to the Institution or University/Board.
- Study tours charges upto a maximum of Rs. 1600/- per annum.
- Thesis typing and printing charges upto a maximum of Rs. 1600/- for the research scholars.
- Additional allowances to the ST students with disabilities at the prescribed rates for different degree of disability.
- Annual allowance of Rs.1200/- for essential/prescribed books, besides reimbursement of course fees to correspondence course students.
|Groups||Rate of Maintenance allowance (in Rupees per month)|
|Group-I||1. Degree and Post Graduate level courses including
M.Phil., Ph.D. and Post Doctoral research in Medicine
(Allopathic, Indian and other recognized systems of medicines),
Engineering, Technology, Planning, Architecture, Design,
Fashion Technology, Agriculture, Veterinary & Allied Sciences,
Management, Business Finance /Administration, Computer Science/
2. Commercial Pilot License (including helicopter pilot and multiengine rating) course.
3. Post Graduate Diploma courses in various branches of management & medicine.
4. C.A./I.C.W.A./C.S./I.C.F.A. etc.
5. M.Phil., Ph.D. and Post Doctoral Programmes (D. Litt., D.Sc. etc.) –
a) In existing Group II courses
b) In existing Group III courses
|Group - II||1. Graduate/ Post Graduate courses leading to Degree,
Diploma, Certificate in areas like Pharmacy (B Pharma), Nursing
(B Nursing), LLB, BFS, other para-medical branches like
rehabilitation, diagnostics etc., Mass Communication, Hotel
Management & Catering, Travel/Tourism/Hospitality Management,
Interior Decoration, Nutrition & Dietetics, Commercial Art,
Financial Services (e.g. Banking, Insurance, Taxation etc.) for
which entrance qualification is minimum Sr. Secondary
2. Post Graduate courses not covered under Group-I e.g. M.A./M.Sc./M.Com./M.Ed./M.Pharma etc.
|Group - III||All other courses leading to a graduate degree not covered under Group I & II eg. BA/B Sc/B Com etc.||570||300|
|Group- IV||All post-matriculation level non-degree courses for which entrance qualification is High School (Class X), e.g. senior secondary certificate (class XI and XII); both general and vocational stream, ITI courses, 3 year diploma courses in Polytechnics, etc.||380||230|
How To Apply
Contact to head of the Institution.
Contact to College Administrator Or District Nodal Officer
State Department Nodal Officer
Central Government of India
Ministry Of Tribal Affairs
Date of Launch
Share this article :Facebook Twitter Google