Centrally sponsored scheme of pre-matric scholarship for scheduled tribe students studying in classes 9th & 10th
Ministry Of Tribal Affairs, Government of India
Pre-matric scholarship for scheduled tribe students studying in classes 9th & 10th is sponsored by the Central Government Of India.
It assists to the scheduled tribe students by providing scholarship and allowances.
The objective of this scheme are as below:
- To support parents of ST children for education of their wards studying in classes 9th and 10th so that the incidence of drop-out, especially in the transition from the elementary to the secondary stage is minimized, and
- To improve participation of ST children in classes 9th and 10th of the parametric stage, so that they perform better and have a better chance of progressing to the post-matric stage of education.
To avail the benefits of this scheme, Students should satisfy the following conditions:
- Student should belong to Scheduled Tribe
- The annual income of students Parents’/Guardian’s should not more than Rs. 2.00 lakh per annum.
- Student should not avail any other Centrally-funded Pre-Matric Scholarship.
- Student should be a regular, full-time student studying in a Government School or in a School recognized by Govt. or a Central/State Board of Secondary Education.
- Scholarship for studying in any class will be available for only one year. If a student has to repeat a class, she / he would not get a scholarship for that class for a second (or subsequent) year.
- Scholarships will be paid to the students whose parents/guardians’ income from all sources does not exceed Rs. 2,00,000/- (Rupees two lakh only) per annum.
Student should belong to Scheduled Tribe studying in classes 9th and 10th
The benefits under this scheme are as below:
Value of scholarship
The value of scholarship includes the following for complete duration of the course:-
Scholarship and other grant
Additional allowance for students with disabilities studying in private un-aided recognized Schools.
|1.Scholarship for 10 months (Rs. per month)||150||350|
|2.Books and Ad hoc Grant (Rs. per annum)||750||1000|
Additional Allowances for ST students with disabilities studying in private unaided Schools: Under the Centrally-sponsored Scheme of ‘Inclusive Education of the Disabled at Secondary Stage’ (IEDSS) implemented by the M/o HRD, assistance @Rs.3000/- p.a. is already being given under its “Student Oriented Component” to students with disabilities studying at the Secondary stage in Govt., local body and Govt. aided schools. However, students in unaided schools are not covered under IEDSS. Therefore, ST students with disabilities, studying in classes IX & X in private unaided recognized schools, will be eligible for allowances under this Scheme as follows:
|Sr. No.||Allowances for students with disabilities studying in Private un-aided Schools||Amount(in Rs.)|
|1.||Monthly Reader Allowance for Blind students||160|
|2.||Monthly Transport Allowance for students with disabilities, if such students do not reside in the hostel which is within the premises of the Educational Institution.||160|
|3.||Monthly Escort Allowance for Severely Disabled (i.e. with 80% or higher disability) Day Scholars/Students with low extremity disability||160|
|4.||Monthly Helper Allowance admissible to any employee of the hostel willing to extend help to a severely orthopedically handicapped student residing in the hostel of an Educational Institution who may need the assistance of a helper.||160|
|5.||Monthly Coaching Allowance to Mentally Retarded and Mentally ill Students||240|
How To Apply
Contact to any of the following:
- Contact to College Administrator Or
- Contact to District Nodal Officer Or
- Contact to State Department Nodal Officer
Central Government of India
Ministry Of Tribal Affairs
Date of Launch
Share this article :Facebook Twitter Google