Prime Minister's Scholarship Scheme For Central Armed Police Forces And Assam Rifles
Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme (PMSS) is to encourage higher technical & professional education for the dependent wards & widows of Central Armed Police Forces & Assam Rifles (CAPFs & AR) Personnel.
To encourage higher technical & professional education for the dependent wards & widows of Central Armed Police Forces & Assam Rifles (CAPFs & AR) Personnel.
The candidate should fulfill the following conditions:
- Wards/widows of deceased CAPFs & AR personnel died in harness/election duty, wards of personnel disabled due to causes attributable to Government service and Wards of Ex-CAPFs & AR personnel in receipt of Gallantry Awards.
- Wards/widows of retired and serving CAPFs & AR Personnel. (Personnel below Officer Rank)
- Pursuing first professional degree programme in the study field of Engineering, Medicine, Dental, Veterinary, BBA, BCA, B. Pharma, B.SC (Nursing, Agriculture, etc.), MBA and MCA etc.
- Having minimum 60% marks in Minimum Entry Qualification (MEQ) i.e. 10+2/Diploma/Graduation or equivalent in the case of the new applicant. Or For applicants applying under renewal category, it is mandatory to pass the each subsequent academic year of the professional courses being pursued by them with minimum 50% marks.
- A grace period of one year only for cases, where there is a delay on part of candidate for submission of the application for renewal of scholarship may be entertained.
The benefits of this scheme are as followings:
Duration of Scholarship is One to five years (depending upon the duration of the course being pursued by the applicant and as approved by the respective regulatory body).
Amount of Scholarship
- Rs. 2250/-per month for girls
- Rs. 2000/- per month for boys
How To Apply
For this, all eligible applicants need to visit any of the websites of the followings:
- National Scholarship Portal (NSP)
- Welfare and Rehabilitation Board (WARB)
- Central Armed Police Forces & Assam Rifle ( CAPFs & AR)
- Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA)
Central Government of India
Ministry of Home Affairs
Date of Launch
Share this article :Facebook Twitter Google
- Mahila Samakhya Programme
- Mid Day Meal Scheme
- Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan
- Scheme for Inclusive Education for Disabled at Secondary Stage (IEDSS)
- Model School Scheme
- National Means Cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme
- Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan (RMSA)
- Scheme For Construction And Running Of Girls’ Hostel For Students Of Secondary And Higher Secondary Schools