Shagun Scheme for girl child financial assistance, Punjab
Ministry Of Women and Child Development, Punjab
This scheme is initiated in order to improve education and health of the
girl child and bring a positive change towards the birth of the girl child.
The financial assistance is given at the time of marriage of Girl.
The objectives of this scheme are summarized as below:
- To bring a positive change towards the birth of the girl
- To discourage child marriages and encourage marriages at or after
the legally prescribed minimum age for marriage.
- To improve education and health of the girl child.
- Alter the gender balance and encourage family planning.
The following conditions should be fulfilled to avail the benefits under
- the girl children who born within BPL families.
- The girl should belong to Scheduled Caste/ Christian family. The
scheme is restricted to SC families having an annual family income of
Rs.20,000/- in rural area and Rs.27,000/- in urban area.
- The parents should adopt two child norm as introduced by the Punjab
& Haryana High Court Bar Association for its employees.
The Girl Child
Bar Association employees will be given a Shagun of Rs.51000/- on the
occasion of their the marriage of Scheduled Castes and Christian girls
How To Apply
Department of Women and Child Development, Government of Punjab.
Date of Launch
Information is not available
Women and Child
Share this article :