Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship for ST Students in M.Phil and Ph.D studies
Ministry Of Tribal Affairs, Government of India
- UGC is a nodal agency for implementation of the Scheme.
- To support ST students in their higher studies such as M.Phil and Ph.D. in all the Universities/Institutions recognized by the UGC.
- The fellowship is given on the pattern of UGC fellowship awarded to regular full-time research students in M.Phil and Ph.D. courses.
- In case, number of candidates exceed the number of awards, UGC selects the candidates based on percentage of marks obtained by the candidates in Post Graduation examination.
- The distribution of fellowships amongst different States/UTs would primarily be in the proportion of ST population in the respective States/UTs.
- UGC may change slots from a particular State if eligible candidate is not available in that States.
- Scholarship amount is disbursed to the candidates by the UGC through Bank Smart Cards.
- The Amount of Scholarship covers fellowships, contingency expenses, expenses for departmental assistance, escorts/reader assistance for disabling candidates and HRA on UGC pattern.
- Average cost of fellowship is Rs. 2.16 lakh for Junior Research Fellow Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and Rs. 2.40 lakh Senior Research Fellow Senior Research Fellowships (Senior Research Fellowships (SRF)).
To encourage M.Phil and Ph.D. students by providing fellowship to them.
The student should satisfy the following conditions to avail the benefits of this scheme:
- A Scheduled Tribe candidate/student who has completed Post Graduation examination and the requirement of 50% marks at post graduation level will not be insisted by UGC.
- The student who got admission and registration for regular full-time M.Phil/Ph.D. degree courses in University/Academic Institutions as per the prescribed norms and advertisement of UGC.
- If the number of the ST students exceeds the number of available awards UGC selects the candidates based on percentage of marks in the Post Graduate examination.
- The maximum duration for which the scholarships are available is
- M.Phil - 2 years Junior Research Fellowship (JRF)
- Ph.D. - 2 years Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and 3 years Senior Research Fellowships (Senior Research Fellowships (SRF))
- M.Phil + Ph.D – 2 years Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and 3 years Senior Research Fellowships (Senior Research Fellowships (SRF))
- Fellowship for JRF is provided @ Rs. 16000/- per month and for Senior Research Fellowships (SRF) @ Rs. 18000/- per month.
- Contingency for Fellows in Humanities and Social Science is provided @ Rs. 10000/- per annum for two year and Rs. 20500/- per annum for the rest of the period.
- Contingency for Fellows in Science is provided @ Rs. 12000/- per annum for two years and @ 25000/- per annum for the rest of the period.
- Departmental assistance @ Rs. 3000/- per annum is provided to the host institution.
- Escorts/Reader assistance @ Rs. 2000/- per month is provided in case of physically and visually handicapped candidates.
- HRA on the UGC pattern
How To Apply
Contact to the University Grants Commission(UGC)
Central Government of India
Ministry Of Tribal Affairs
Date of Launch
Share this article :Facebook Twitter Google