Rashtriya Madhyamik Shiksha Abhiyan (RMSA)
Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India
This scheme is a centrally sponsored scheme by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, for the development of secondary education
This scheme provides conditions for an efficient growth, development and equity for all. The scheme includes a multidimensional research, technical consulting, various implementations and funding support.The principal objectives are to enhance a quality of secondary education and increase the total enrollment. It aims to provide global education for all children between 15–16 years of age.
The objectives of this scheme are as follows:
- To enhance quality of secondary education and increase the total enrollment
- To enhance access to secondary education and to improve its quality.
- To improve quality of education imparted at secondary level through making all secondary schools conform to prescribed norms, removing gender, socio-economic and disability barriers, providing universal access to secondary level education
All students in the age group 15-16 years.
Teachers, Students etc.
1.Important Physical Facilities Provided Under The Scheme Are:
(i) Additional class rooms, (ii) Laboratories, (iii) Libraries, (iv) Art and crafts room, (v) Toilet blocks, (vi) Drinking water provisions and (vii) Residential Hostels for Teachers in remote areas.
2. Important Quality Interventions Provided Under The Scheme Are:
(i) appointment of additional teachers to reduce PTR to 30:1, (ii) focus on Science, Math and English education, (iii) In-service training of teachers, (iv) science laboratories, (v) ICT enabled education, (vi) curriculum reforms; and (vii) teaching learning reforms.
3. Important Equity Interventions Provided In The Scheme Are:
(i) special focus in micro-planning (ii) preference to Ashram schools for up gradation (iii) preference to areas with concentration of SC/ST/Minority for opening of schools (iv) special enrolment drive for the weaker section (v) more female teachers in schools; and (vi) separate toilet blocks for girls.
Implementation Mechanism Of The scheme is being implemented by the State government societies established for implementation of the scheme. The central share is released to the implementing agency directly.
How To Apply
Contact to Head of Institution/School.
Central Government of India
Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD)
Date of Launch
Share this article :Facebook Twitter Google
- Financial Assistance For Appointment Of Language Teachers
- Incentives To Girls For Secondary Education
- Scheme for Inclusive Education for Disabled at Secondary Stage (IEDSS)
- Model School Scheme
- National Means Cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme
- Prime Minister's Scholarship Scheme For Central Armed Police Forces And Assam Rifles
- Scheme For Construction And Running Of Girls’ Hostel For Students Of Secondary And Higher Secondary Schools
- Vocationalisation Of Secondary Education