Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan for Elementary Education, free and compulsory education
Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India
Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA) is a programme for Universal Elementary Education. This programme attempts to provide an opportunity for improving human capabilities to all children through the provision of community-owned quality education in a mission mode. It aims to provide quality basic education all over the India.It includes inter alia, opening of new schools and alternate schooling facilities, construction of schools and additional classrooms, toilets and drinking water, provisioning for teachers, regular teacher in-service training and academic resource support, free textbooks and uniforms and support for improving learning achievement levels / outcome.
The objective of this scheme are summarised as below:
- It aims to have Equity, to mean not only equal opportunity but also the creation of conditions in which the disadvantaged sections of the society – children of SC, ST, Muslim minority, landless agricultural workers and children with special needs, etc. – can avail of the opportunity.
- To Focus on elementary education of satisfactory quality with emphasis on education for life.
- To provide useful and elementary education for all children in the 6-14 age group.
- To bridge social, regional and gender gaps with the active participation of community in the management of schools.
- To bridge social, regional and gender gaps with the active participation of the community in the management of schools.
- To allow children to learn about and master their natural environment in order to develop their potential both spiritually and materially.
- To inculcate value-based learning this allows children an opportunity to work for each other’s well-being rather than to permit mere selfish pursuits.
- To realize the importance of Early Childhood Care and education and looks at the 0-14 age as a continuum
All children between the ages of 6 to 14 years.
Education, Every child between the ages of 6 to 14 years has the right to free and compulsory education.
How To Apply
To avail the benefits under this scheme, By enroll in any Government or Government recognised School of India.
Central Government of India
Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD)
Date of Launch
Share this article :Facebook Twitter Google