Scheme of Free Coaching for Students with Disabilities for economically weak Stipend, Fee and Transport Allowance.
The Scheme of Free Coaching for Students with Disabilities is for providing free coaching to students belonging to Scheduled Castes (SCs) and Other Backward Classes (OBCs) is presently available. However, there is no on any kind of such scheme for students with disabilities. This scheme gives emphasis on the educational development of such persons through free coaching of students with disabilities. This scheme is implemented by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
The goal of this scheme is as below:
To provide coaching for economically disadvantaged students with disabilities, having minimum 40% or more disability to enable them to appear in the competitive examination and succeed in obtaining an appropriate job in Government of India/ Public/Private sector.
The student/candidate should fulfill the following conditions:
- Free coaching under this scheme will be available to students with disabilities with Autism, Cerebral Palsy, Mental Retardation and Multiple Disabilities Act of Government of India.
- The students must have secured percentage of marks in the qualifying examinations as prescribed for the courses/examinations for which free coaching as per conditions of this scheme
- The students are selected based on merit in the qualifying examinations for appearing in the relevant competitive examinations for which coaching is to be imparted
- The Only total family income of students with disabilities should be Rs.3.00 lakh per annum.
- The candidate is not availing the benefits of free coaching under any other scheme of the Central Government of India.
- Benefits under the scheme can be availed for two chances only, irrespective of the number of chances; he/she may be entitled to in a particular competitive examination. The coaching institution will also be required to take an affidavit from the students that they have not taken benefit more than twice under the scheme.
- The examination is conducted in two stages viz. Preliminary and Main, the candidates will be entitled to free coaching for both the examinations. However, coaching for the main examination shall be available only to those candidates who have cleared the preliminary examination; and
- In the event of any student remaining absent for more than 10% of classes of a course, without any valid reason, benefits of free coaching to him/her shall be discontinued and another student shall be taken in his/her place.
Students with disabilities
The benefits under this scheme is in the form of Stipend Quantum of Fee and Transport Allowance.
The financial assistance in respect of various courses would be broad as under:
Quantum of Fee
|S.No.||Name of course for which coaching to be provided||Duration of coaching||Maximum ceiling of Coaching fee paid to institution per Candidate (in Rs.)|
|1.||Civil Service(Preliminary)/ State Civil Services (Preliminary)||Minimum 5 months||20,000|
|2.||Civil Service(Mains)/ State Civil Services (Mains)||Minimum 4 months||20,000|
|3.||Entrance examination for Engineering, Medical, MBA and other professional courses||Minimum 4 months||20,000|
|4.||Other Group A&B examinations conducted by UPSC, State Public Service Commissions (SPSCs), Group B Examinations conducted by SSC and SPSCs||Minimum 4 months||15,000|
|5.||Officers Grade examinations for recruitment in the Banks, LIC, GICs, PSUs||Minimum 4 months||15,000|
|6.||Finishing job courses||Minimum 3 months||To be decided by the Selection Committee on the basis of proposal and prevailing market rate|
However, the Committee mentioned in para 5 above will decide the fee structure for different examinations as well as the duration of coaching after getting, the market feedback every year. Accordingly, it will vary from year to year.
Stipend and Transport Allowance:
Stipend will be payable at the rate of Rs.1500/- per student per month for local students and Rs.3000/- per student per month for outstation students. In addition, all students with disabilities undergoing coaching shall be paid transport allowance @ Rs.1000/- (Rupees One Thousand Only) per month for Free Coaching for SwDs 2015-16 the entire duration of the coaching. The stipend for each student shall be released by the Department directly in student's bank account through ECS/RTGS.
How To Apply
Contact to any of the followings:
- Contact to the Institutes that are run by Central/State Government of India, Central/State Public Sector undertakings, Autonomous Bodies under Central/State Governments, Central/State Universities.
- Contact to the Registered private institutions/NGOs by involving an officer (not below the rank of District Social Welfare Officer/ District Disability Welfare Officer) to be nominated by the District Magistrate/Collector/Deputy Commissioner concerned.
Central Government of India
Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities
Date of Launch
Share this article :Facebook Twitter Google
- National Overseas Scholarship for Students with Disabilities
- Pre Matric and Post Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities
- Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship for Students with Disabilities
- Scholarship for Top Class Education for Students with Disabilities
- Scholarship Scheme from Trust Fund for Persons with Disabilities