Scheme of merit cum means based scholarship for students belonging to the minority communities
Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India
This scheme is applicable for the students/candidates belonging to the minority communities. The Scheme of ‘merit cum means based scholarship’ for students belonging to the minority communities is available for studies in India only. This will be given by State Government/UT of India Administration or Agency designated by the State Government/UT Administration of India. It assists to the poor who are financially weaker and meritorious students belonging to minority communities.
The prime objective of this scheme is to provide financial assistance to the poor and meritorious students belonging to one of minority communities. It aims to empower them to pursue professional and technical courses.
The student/candidate should fulfill the following conditions:
- Financial assistance will be given to chase graduate level or post graduate level technical and professional courses from a recognized institution. Course fee and Maintenance allowance will be credited/transferred directly into the bank account of selected students of minority communities.
- Students/candidates who got admission to a college to pursue technical/professional courses, on the basis of a competitive examination will be eligible for this scholarship.
- Students who got admission in technical/professional courses without taking any competitive examination will also be eligible for the scholarship. Hence, they should secure more than 50% marks at higher secondary/graduation level. Selection of such students will be done strictly on the basis of merit .
- Continuation of the scholarship in next years will depend on successful completion of the course during the preceding year.
- Student/candidate availing this scheme, then he/she will not avail any other scholarship/stipend for pursuing the course.
- The annual income of the student a scholarship holder under this scheme/parent or guardian of beneficiary should not more than Rs.2.50 lakh from all sources.
- The State Department give advertisement of this Scheme every year and receive the applications online through the concerned institutions as per the timeline.
- For the payment of scholarship, Aadhaar Number is required
- The fund for distribution of scholarships in subsequent years will be released after receiving the utilization certificate for the previous year.
- 30% of seats are taken for girls students of each minority community in a State/UT. If there is non-availability of girls, then seats will be transferred to male students of that community in case of non-availability of female students in that community in the concerned State/UT. 30% is the floor and not the ceiling for eligible girl students.
Students belonging to minority communities (viz. Muslim/ Christian/ Sikh/ Buddhist/ Parsi communities)
The rate of scholarship under this scheme is as below:
|Sl.No.||Type of Financial Assistance||Rate for hostler||Rate for Day Scholar|
|1.||Maintenance Allowance (For 10 months only)||Rs.10,000/-per annum ( Rs.1000 p.m.)||Rs.5,000/- per annum. ( Rs.500 p.m.)|
|2.||Course Fee*||Rs.20,000/- per annum or Actual whichever is less||Rs.20,000/- per annum or Actual whichever is less|
* Full Course Fee will be reimbursed for the listed institutions.
How To Apply
Contact to any of the followings:
- Contact to Head of the school/institute/college Or
- Students need to apply to concerned the State Government Or
- Contact to the agency designated by the State Government in response to advertisements published in newspapers, websites and other web platforms.
- Visit to National Scholarship Portal (NSP) website.
- For more information you may visit the e-Scholarships: Minority Welfare Scholarships System website to Apply Online.
Central Government of India
Ministry of Minority Affairs
Date of Launch
Share this article :Facebook Twitter Google
- Free coaching and allied scheme for the candidates/students belonging to minority communities
- Nai Manzil Scheme
- "Nai Roshni"- The Scheme for Leadership Development of Minority Women
- Cyber Gram Yojana for empowering minority communities
- Scheme for Grants-in-aid to State Channelising Agencies (SCAs) of National Minorities Development and Finance Corporation (NMDFC)
- Scheme for Leadership Development of Minority Women
- Scheme of ‘post-matric scholarship’ for students belonging to the minority communities
- Scheme of ‘pre-matric scholarship’ for students belonging to the minority communities
- "Seekho aur Kamao(Learn & Earn)"- The Scheme for Skill Development of Minorities
- Nai Udaan- Scheme for Support for Minority Students clearing Prelims conducted by Union Public Service Commission, Staff Selection Commission, State Public Service Commissions etc.