Central Sector Scheme of National Overseas Scholarship for SC etc. candidates
Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India
This scheme is for the students belonging to scheduled caste (SC) candidates
The Scheme provides financial assistance to the selected candidates for pursuing Master level courses and Ph.D. abroad in the notified Institutions/University under the Scheme in following specified fields of study:
- Engineering and Management
- Pure Sciences & Applied Sciences
- Agricultural Sciences and Medicine
- Commerce, Accounting & Finance
- Humanities, Social Science & Fine Arts
Also this scheme aims to encourage women candidates, So 30% of the awardsper year shall be under taken for women candidates
|Fields of study||No. of seats each year||Seats|
|(ii)||Denotified, Nomadic and Semi- Nomadic Tribes||02|
|(iii)||Landless Agricultural Labourers and Traditional Artisans||01|
The main objective is to assist the Masters' Degree and Ph.D. financially And also to encourage women candidates.
The should satisfy the following conditions to avail the benefits of this scheme:
For Ph.D.: 55% marks or equivalent grade in relevant Masters' Degree. Preference would be given to experienced candidates, especially those who are on lien with their existing post and employer.
For Masters' Degree:- 55% marks or equivalent grade in relevant Bachelors' Degree. Preference would be given to experienced candidates, especially those who are on lien with their existing post and employer.
Below 35 (thirty five) years, as on the first day of the month of the advertisement of the Scheme.
Income Ceiling :
Total family income from all sources of the employed candidate or his/her parents/guardians, shall not exceed Rs.6,00,000 (Rs. six lakh per annum), excluding such allowances as are not treated as part of total income for the purpose of income tax as certified by the employer. A copy of latest tax assessment, as well as latest monthly salary slip from the employer, is also required to be enclosed with the application.
Maximum number of children in a family for the award :
Not more than two children of the same parents/guardians will be eligible and to this effect, a self-certification will be required from the candidate. An awardee cannot be considered for the award on a subsequent occasion as the award can be given only once. The second child of the same parents/guardians will be considered only if the slots are still available for that year
Students/candidates for pursuing Master level courses and Ph.D. abroad who belongs to SC
The benefits of this scheme includes the following ways:
Quantum of Annual Maintenance Allowance:
- FOR UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND OTHER COUNTRIES EXCEPT UNITED KINGDOM: The annual maintenance allowance of US Dollars 15400/-(Fifteen Thousand four hundred) has been prescribed for all levels of courses covered under the Scheme.
- ONLY FOR UNITED KINGDOM: The annual maintenance allowance of 9900/-(Nine Thousand nine hundred) Great Britain Pound (GBP) has been prescribed.
Earnings from research/teaching assistantship:
The awardees are permitted to supplement their prescribed allowances by undertaking Research/Teaching Assistantship.
- FOR UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND OTHER COUNTRIES EXCEPT UNITED KINGDOM: The prescribed contingency allowance for books/essential apparatus /study tour/travel cost for attending subject related conferences, workshops etc./ typing and binding of thesis etc. are US Dollars 1500/-(One thousand five hundred) per annum.
- ONLY FOR UNITED KINGDOM:The prescribed contingency allowance for books/essential apparatus /study tour/travel cost for attending subject related conferences, workshops etc./ typing and binding of thesis etc. is Great Britain Pound (GBP) 1100 (One thousand one hundred) per annum.
Incidental journey allowance & equipment allowance:
The prescribed Incidental journey allowance is US $ 20/-(twenty) or its equivalent in Indian Rupees and the prescribed equipment allowance is US $ 20/- (twenty).
Actual will be paid, wherever applicable.
Actual visa fees in Indian Rupees will be paid.
Fees and medical insurance premium :
Actual as charged
Air passage from India to the nearest place to the educational institution and back to India, by economy class and shortest route in arrangements with the national carrier, will be provided.
- Second or Coach class railway fare from the port of disembarkation to the place of study and back. In case of far-flung places not connected by rail, bus fare(s) from the place of residence to the nearest railway station, actual charge of crossing by ferry, airfare to the nearest rail-cum-air Station and/or second class railway fare by the shortest route to the port of embarkation and back will be permissible.
- The mode of disbursement of above listed financial assistance will be decided by Government of India and Indian Missions abroad.
How To Apply
Student need to respond to the advertisement about giving summarized information about the Scheme.
Central Government of India
Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
Date of Launch
Share this article :Facebook Twitter Google
- Scheme of 'Pre-Matric Scholarship for SC Students studying in classes 9th and 10th
- Centrally sponsored scheme of pre-matric scholarship for scheduled tribe students studying in classes 9th & 10th
- Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship for ST Students
- Scheme of 'Venture Capital Fund for Scheduled Castes'
- Pre-Matric Scholarships for the Children of those Engaged in Unclean Occupations