Scheme of post-matric scholarships for other backward classes students for studying in india
Scheme Of Post-Matric Scholarships For Other Backward Classes Students is for the students studying for post-matriculation or post-secondary courses. The objective of the scheme is to provide financial assistance to the other backward classes(OBC) students studying at post matriculation or post-secondary stage to enable them to complete their education.
The prime goal of the scheme is to provide financial assistance to the other backward classes(OBC) students studying at post matriculation or post-secondary stage to enable them to complete their education.
The student should fulfill the following conditions to avail the benefits under this scheme:
- The nationality of the student should be Indian and belong to OBCs
- These scholarships will be given for the study of all recognized post-matriculation or post-secondary courses pursued in recognized institutions with the following exceptions: "Scholarships shall not be awarded for training courses like Aircraft Maintenance Engineer's Course and Private Pilot License Courses. Courses at Training-Ship Dufferin (Now Rajendra); Courses of training at the Military College, Dehradun, Courses at pre-examination Training Centres of All India and State levels."
- Only those candidates who belong to OBCs who have passed the Matriculation or Higher secondary or any higher examination of a recognized University or Board of Secondary Education will be eligible.
- Candidates who, after passing one stage of education, are studying in the same stage of education in different subject e.g. I. Sc. after I.A or B.Com. after B.A. or M.A. in a subject after M.A in another the subject will not be eligible.
- Students who, after having completed their educational career in one professional line, e.g., LLB after B.T/B. Ed will not be eligible.
- Students studying in 11th Class of the Higher Secondary School courses or the 12th class of the Multipurpose High School will not be eligible for it being a continuous school course. However, in cases, where tenth class examination of such courses is treated as equivalent to Matriculation and students who after passing tenth class join other courses, such students will be treated as post-matric students and will be eligible for the award of scholarships.
- Students pursuing Post-graduate courses in medicine will be eligible if they are not allowed to practice during the period of their course.
- Students who after failing or passing the Under Graduate/Post-Graduate examinations in Arts/science/Commerce join any recognized professional or Technical certificate/diploma/degree courses will be awarded scholarships if otherwise eligible. No subsequent failure will be condoned except courses in Group 'A' and no further change in the course will be allowed.
- Students who pursue their studies through correspondence courses will be eligible towards reimbursement of non-refundable fee. The term correspondence includes distant and continuing education. Besides reimbursement of non-refundable fee, such students will also be eligible for an annual allowance of Rs. 900/- for essential/prescribed books, as applicable.
- Only two children of the same parents/guardian will be entitled to receive scholarships. This restriction will, however, not apply to girls. Accordingly, scholarship availed by girls of same parents/guardian will not adversely affect the admissibility of availing scholarship up to two boys of same parents/guardian.
- A scholarship holder under this Scheme will not hold any other scholarship/stipend of Government of India. If awarded any other scholarship/stipend, the students can exercise his/her option for either of the two scholarships/stipends, whichever is more beneficial to him/her and should inform the awarding authority through the Head of the Institution about the option made. No scholarship will be paid to the students under this Scheme from the date he/she accepts any other scholarships/stipend. The student can, however, accept free lodging or a grant or ad-hoc monetary help from the State Government or any other source for the purchase of books, equipment or for meeting the expenses of board and lodging, in addition to the scholarship amount paid under this Scheme.
- Scholarship holders who are receiving coaching in any of the pre-examination training centers with financial assistance from the Central Government/State Government will not be eligible for stipend under the coaching schemes for the duration of the coaching program.
- Employed students whose annual income combined with the income of their parents/guardians should not more than Rs. 1.00 lakh are eligible for post-matric scholarships to the extent of reimbursement of all compulsorily payable non-refundable fees.
- In the case of unemployed students whose annual income of parents/guardians income from all sources should not more than Rs. 1.00 lakh will be entitled to the scholarship under the Scheme.
Students of Other Backward Classes (OBCs)
Value of Scholarship
The value of scholarship will include Maintenance Allowance, Reader Charges for blind students, reimbursement of compulsory non-refundable fees, Study Tour Charges/thesis typing/printing charges and book allowance for students pursuing correspondence course, for the complete duration of the course as per details are given below:-
|Course of (1)||(Rs. Per Month) Rate of Maintenance Allowance|
|Hostellers (2)||Day Scholars (3)|
Group CAll other courses leading to a graduate the degree is not covered under Group A & B e.g. BA/B.Sc./B.Com etc.
Reader Charges for blind students (Blind Scholars):
The blind scholars will be given additional amount as 'Readers Charges' as mentioned below:
|Group||Reader Allowance (Rs. P.m.)|
|Group Reader Allowance (Rs. P.m.) Group A,B||175|
Scholars will be paid enrollment/registration, tuition, games, union, library, magazine, medical examination and such other fees compulsorily payable by the scholar to the institution or University/Board. Refundable deposit-like caution money, security deposit will, however, be excluded.
Study tour charges up to a maximum of Rs. 900/- per annum limited to the actual expenditure incurred by the student on transportation charges etc., will be paid to the scholars studying professional and technical courses, provided that the head of the institution certifies that the study tour is essential for the scholar for completion of his/her course of study.
Thesis Typing /Printing charges:
Thesis typing/printing charges up to a maximum of Rs. 1000 will be paid to research scholars on the recommendation of the Head of the Institution.
How To Apply
Central Government of India
Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
Date of Launch
Share this article :Facebook Twitter Google