Scheme of 'Pre-Matric Scholarship for SC Students studying in classes IX and X
Scholarship under the Scheme will be given for studies in India only and will be given by the Government of the State/Union Territory to which the applicant belongs i.e. where he is domiciled.
The prime goal of this scheme to promote with special care the educational and economic interests of the weaker sections of the people. It aims to minimize inequities in income and to endeavour to eliminate inequalities in status, facilities and opportunities, not only amongst individuals but also amongst groups of people residing in different areas or engaged in different vocations.
The following are the goals of this scheme:
- To support parents of SC children for education of their wards studying in classes IX and X so that the incidence of drop-out, especially in the transition from the elementary to the secondary stage is minimized
- To improve participation of scheduled caste(SC) children in classes 9th and 10th of the pre-matric stage, so that they can perform better and have a better chance of progressing to the post-matric stage of education.
Students should satisfy the following conditions to avail the benefits under this scheme:
- Student should belong to Scheduled Caste.( His/ her Parent/Guardian's income
- The annual income of the parents/guardians’ from all sources should not more than Rs. 2 lakh.
- Student should not be avail any other Centrally-funded PreMatric Scholarship.
- Student should be a regular, full-time student studying in a Government School or in a School recognized by Govt. or a Central/State Board of Secondary Education.
- Scholarship for studying in any class will be available for only one year. If a student has to repeat a class, she / he would not get this scholarship for that class for a second (or next) year.
Students belonging to scheduled caste students who are studying in classes 9th and 10th.
The value of scholarship includes the following for complete duration of the course:-
- scholarship and other grant
- additional allowance for students with disabilities studying in private un-aided recognized Schools.
The details are as follows:
|Scholarship (Rs. p.m.) (for 10 months)||150||350|
|Books and Ad hoc Grant (Rs. p.a.)||750||1000|
|Sr. No.||Allowances for students with disabilities studying in Private un-aided Schools||Amount (In Rs.)|
|1.||Monthly Reader Allowance for Blind students :||160|
|2.||Monthly Transport Allowance for students with disabilities if such students do not reside in the hostel which is within the premises of the Educational Institution.||160|
|3.||Monthly Escort Allowance for Severely Disabled (i.e. with 80% or higher disability) Day Scholars/Students with low extremity disability||160|
|4.||Monthly Helper Allowance admissible to any employee of the hostel willing to extend help to a severely orthopedically a handicapped student residing in the hostel of an Educational Institution who may need the assistance of a helper.||160|
|5.||Monthly Coaching Allowance to Mentally Retarded and Mentally ill Students||240|
How To Apply
Contact to Head of the Institution/School
Central Government of India
Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
Date of Launch
Share this article :Facebook Twitter Google