Scheme of pre-matric scholarship for students belonging to the minority communities
The Scheme of ‘pre-matric scholarship’ for students belonging to the minority communities will be awarded to the students/candidates belonging to minority community. It encourages parents from minority communities to send their children to school by reducing their financial burden on school education and sustain their efforts to support their children to complete school education. The scheme will form the basic foundation for their educational attainment and provide a level playing field in the competitive employment area. It aims to empower education has the to uplift the socio-economic conditions of the minority communities.
The prime objectives of this scheme are as below:
- To empower education of the students belonging to minority community.
- To uplift the socio-economic conditions of the minority communities.
- To provide a level playing field in the competitive employment arena.
- Scholarship will be awarded to the students who have secured more than 50% marks in the previous final examination. The annual income of their parents/guardian from all sources should not more than Rs. 1 lakh. The students/candidates belonging to one of the minority community (viz. Muslims, Sikhs, Christians, Buddhists, Jains and Zoroastrians (Parsis)as minority communities)
- The scholarship will be terminated if a student fails to secure 50% marks in the annual examination except in case of unavoidable reasons to be certified by the Principal/competent authority of the school and recommended by the State Government/Union Territory Administration.
- Scholarship will not be given to more than two students from a family.
- Students should be regular in attendance. This factor is also considered by the competent authority of the school.
- The school/institute/college will certify the claim of student of being an outstation student not residing in hostel of the school/institute concerned.
- Migration of student from one school/institute to another would not normally be during the course of academic year except under exceptional circumstances and in the interest of student’s academic career.
- If a student violates school discipline or any other terms and conditions of the scholarship, scholarship may be terminated or canceled.
- If a student is found to have obtained a scholarship by submitting fake/fraud or false statement/certificates, Scholarship will be terminated forthwith and the amount of the scholarship paid shall be recovered from the candidate/student
- Course fee/tuition fee and maintenance allowance will be credited directly to the students’ bank account directly.
- The student obtaining benefits under this scholarship scheme shall not be allowed to avail of benefits under any other scholarship scheme implemented by State Government/UT Administration, for the same purpose.
- A student shall be eligible for only one scholarship for all sources, i.e., SC/ST/OBC.
- The State Governments/Union Territory Administrations shall constitute a committee of the Departments implementing such scholarship schemes to ensure that the student from the minority community, who may also belong to children of those engaged in unclean occupation and OBC do not avail scholarship from other sources for the same purpose and avail only one source.
- The fund for distribution of scholarships in subsequent years will be released after receiving the utilization certificate for the previous year.
- The scheme will be evaluated at regular intervals by the Ministry or any other agency designated by the Ministry and the cost of the evaluation study will be borne by the Ministry under the provision of the scheme.
- The regulations can be changed time to time by Government of India.
Minority Students, Girls
The actual financial assistance will be provided for course fee/tuition fee and maintenance allowance as given below(Rate of Scholarship):
|S. No.||Item||Hostellers *||Day Scholars|
|1.||Admission fee from class VI to X||Rs.500/- per annum subject to actual.||Rs.500/- per annum subject to actual.|
|2.||Tuition fee from class VI to X||Rs.350/- per month subject to actual.||Rs.350/- per month subject to actual.|
|3.||Maintenance allowance is payable for a period not exceeding 10 months in an academic year.|
|3.1||(i) Class I to V||Nil||Rs. 100/- per month|
|3.2||(ii) Class VI to X||Rs. 600/- per month subject to actual.||Rs. 100/- per month|
*Hostellers include students who are staying in hostel of the school/institute concerned or those provided by the State Government/Union Territory Administration concerned.
How To Apply
Contact to any of the followings:
- Contact to Head of the school/institute/college Or
- Students can apply for the scholarship in the prescribed application to the Department dealing with minority welfare of his/her State/UT, on advertisement published by the State Government/ Union Territory Administration concerned.
- Students may visit to the e-Scholarships : Minority Welfare Scholarships System website.
Both:Central and State
Ministry of Minority Affairs
Date of Launch
Share this article :Facebook Twitter Google
- Free coaching and allied scheme for the candidates/students belonging to minority communities
- Hamari Dharohar
- Maulana Azad National Fellowship for Students from Minority Community
- Nai Manzil Scheme
- "Nai Roshni"- The Scheme for Leadership Development of Minority Women
- Scheme for Grants-in-aid to State Channelising Agencies (SCAs) of National Minorities Development and Finance Corporation (NMDFC)
- Scheme for Leadership Development of Minority Women
- Scheme of ‘merit cum means based scholarship’ for students belonging to the minority communities
- Scheme of ‘post-matric scholarship’ for students belonging to the minority communities
- "Seekho aur Kamao(Learn & Earn)"- The Scheme for Skill Development of Minorities
- "USTTAD" Scheme - Upgrading the Skills and Training in Traditional Arts/ Crafts for Development