Scholarship Scheme from Trust Fund for Persons with Disabilities, Orthopedically, Visually and Hearing Handicapped
The scholarship will be available for studies in India, by all differently-abled students who are covered under the Persons with Disabilities (Equal Opportunity, Protection of Rights and Full Participation)and the National Trust for the Welfare of Persons with Autism, Cerebral Palsy, Mental Retardation and Multiple Disabilities.Only Indian Nationals will be eligible for scholarships.
The main objective of this scheme is to provide financial assistance to the differently-abled students to enable them to pursue professional or technical courses from recognized institutes and get employed/self-employed.
The students should fulfill the following conditions:
- Financial assistance will be given to pursue the degree and/or post graduate level technical and professional courses from a recognized institution. Maintenance, book/stationery allowance and grant for the purchase of assistive devices will be credited to the student’s account. Nonrefundable fees shall be reimbursed to the student/candidate on production of proof of deposit of fees or will be paid directly to the Institute under intimation to the student.
- Scholarship will be given for only one course at a time.
- Students who got admission to a college to pursue technical/professional courses, on the basis of a competitive examination will be eligible for the scholarship without any consideration of percentage of marks at higher secondary/graduation level.
- Students who got admission in technical/professional courses without facing any competitive examination will also be eligible for a scholarship. However, such students should have not less than 50% marks at higher secondary/graduation level. Students are selected on merit basis.
- Students who pursue their education through correspondence would also be eligible for the scholarship.
- Continuation of the scholarship in next years, subject to successful completion of the course during the preceding year. However, grace period shall be admissible for Girl Students and Students failing in category C-4 is of two years and for all other categories is for one year
- A candidate/student who is awarded the scholarship for one course, after its completion will be eligible for another course too. However, the awardees will not be eligible for a similar or equivalent course.
- A scholarship holder under this Scheme will not avail any other scholarship/stipend for pursuing the course.
- The annual income of the beneficiary/parent or guardian of beneficiary should not more than Rs.3.00 lakh from all sources.Economically weaker students are preferred first.
All differently-abled students who are covered under the Persons with Disabilities
Rate of Scholarship and other benefits under the scheme:
The following benefits will be available under the scheme:
- Non-refundable fees shall be fully awarded in case of Government/Government-aided institution. In case of private Institutes, the reimbursement would be restricted to similar courses in Government/Government-aided institutions.
- Maintenance allowance will be paid to the students for a period of 10 months only in one the academic year at following rates.
Differently-abled students, in addition, will be provided aids and appliances, only once during lifetime, as given below :
|S. No.||Appliance||Estimated Cost (up to)|
|S.No.||Appliance||Estimated cost (up to)||Remarks|
|1.||Brailler / Brailler Typewriter||Rs. 10,000||For blind|
|2.||Laptop with Screen reading software||Rs. 40,000||For blind|
|3.||Laptop with Screen Magnification software||Rs. 60,000||For low vision|
|S.No.||Appliance||Estimated cost (up to)|
|1.||Binaural digital programmable hearing aid with annual provision of button cells||Rs 50,000 + Rs 3600 p.a.|
|2.||Cell phone with SMS SIM card||Rs 5,000|
|3.||Laptop with WiFi (Blue tooth) facility||Rs 70,000|
|Class/Course||Maintenance allowance (Rs. per month)||Book/Stationery allowance (Rs. Per annum)|
|Professional Graduate Courses||2500/-||6000/-|
|Professional Post-Graduate courses||3000/-||10000/-|
How To Apply
To avail the benefits of this scheme, Contact to any of the following:
- The Scheme will be given wide publicity over print and electronic media. So student needed to respond to such advertisement
- Conatct to Assistance of State Governments and other agencies such as University Grants Commission(UGC), Universities and prominent colleges and institutions
Central Government of India
Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities
Date of Launch
Share this article :Facebook Twitter Google
- National Overseas Scholarship for Students with Disabilities
- Pre Matric and Post Matric Scholarship for Students with Disabilities
- Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship for Students with Disabilities
- Scheme of Free Coaching for Students with Disabilities
- Scholarship for Top Class Education for Students with Disabilities