Nai Udaan- Scheme for Support for Minority Students clearing Prelims conducted by Union Public Service Commission, Staff Selection Commission, State Public Service Commissions etc.
Ministry of Minority Affairs, Government of India
The Nai Udaan- Scheme for Support for Minority Students is for the support to the minority community students/candidates clearing Prelims conducted by Union Public Service Commission, Staff Selection Commission, State Public Service Commissions etc. It expects proactive measures for those communities that lag behind and become increasingly marginalized. It encourages the students/candidates by earmarking of targets on Self- employment and Wage employment and Recruitment to State and Central Services. It provides pre-examination coaching for competitive examinations in government and private institutions for candidates from minority communities.
The prime goals of this scheme are as below:
- To provide financial support to the minority students/candidates clearing prelims conducted by Union Public Service Commission, Staff Selection Commission and State Public Service Commissions to adequately supply them to compete for appointment to Civil Services in the Union and the State Governments of India.
- To increase the no. of minority candidates/students in the Civil Services by giving direct financial support to candidates clearing Preliminary Examination of Group A and B (Gazetted and non-Gazetted posts of Union Public Service Commission (UPSC); State Public Service Commissions (SPSCs) and Staff Selection Commission (SSC) etc.
The students/candidates should fulfill the following conditions:
- The candidate/student should belong to one of the Minority Communities and should have passed the Prelims Examination conducted by union Public Service Commission (UPSC); State Public Service Commissions (SPSCs) and Staff Selection Commission (SSC) etc.
- The annual income of the candidate's family should not more than Rs. 4.5 lakh from all resources.
- The benefits of this scheme is availed by a candidate only once. The candidate will not be eligible to benefit from any other similar Scheme of the Central Government of India or State Governments /UT Administrations.
- In case the candidate decides to opt for other Schemes; he/she will have to forgo the claim from this Ministry and refund the amount if already availed with 10% interest. He/she needs to give an affidavit to the effect, that he /she is not availing such benefit from any other source.
The minority communities students clearing Prelims conducted by Union Public Service Commission, Staff Selection Commission, State Public Service Commissions etc.
The benefits of the scheme is as given below:
- The rate of financial assistance will be maximum Rs. Fifty thousand(Rs. 50,000/- for Gazetted Post; and Rs 25,000/- for NonGazetted Post) only as support to the minority candidates/students clearing the Prelims conducted by Union Public Service Commissions; Staff Selection Commissions or State Public Service Commissions etc for Group ‘A’ and ‘B’ Civil Services.
How To Apply
To avail the financial assistance under this scheme, the eligible candidates needs to respond to the advertisement published in News Papers and on its website.
Eligible candidates may apply to this Ministry on the pro forma developed for this purpose under the Scheme
For more information to apply to this scheme visit to the website of Ministry of Minority Affairs
Central Government of India
Ministry of Minority Affairs
Date of Launch
Share this article :Facebook Twitter Google