Support to Training and Employment Programme for Women (STEP) Ministry Of Women and Child Development, India
The STEP Programme is a 100% Central Sector Scheme. Under this scheme, Training is provided to poor and marginalized women in traditional trades which are largely in the informal sector. The Programme of STEP advocates the objective of extending training for up-gradation of skills and employment for women through a variety of action-oriented projects.
STEP Program has been introduced to address occupational aspirations of poor women who do not have the opportunity of formal skill training.
This scheme emphasis on Skill Development for self or wage employment because Skills and knowledge are the driving forces of economic growth and social development of a country.
The objectives of this scheme are as below:
- To provide skills that give employability to women.
- To provide competencies and skills that enable women to become self-employed/entrepreneurs.
- To upgrade the skills of poor and marginalized women.
- To provide employment to them on a sustainable basis.
All Women who are in the age group of 16 years and above.
Women who are in the age group of 16 years and above.
Under this scheme, Assistance is given in any sector i.e Agriculture, Horticulture, Food Processing, Handlooms, Tailoring, Stitching, Embroidery, Zari etc Handicrafts, Computer & IT enabled services along with soft skills and skills for the workplace such as spoken English, Gems & Jewellery, Travel & Tourism and Hospitality. for imparting skills related to employability and entrepreneurship.
Provision of for support services (Health, Childcare, Education, sanitation etc.), access to credit and imparting nutrition education
How To Apply
Contact to any of the followings:
- District Collector Or
- Chief Medical Officer Or
- Superintendent of Police Or
- District Social Welfare Officer/Women and Child Development Officer Or
- Representative of District Legal Services Authority Or
- Representative of the Municipal Corporations/Panchayati Raj Institutions Or
- Other eminent persons of the district at the discretion of District Collector
Central Government of India
Ministry of Women and Child Development, Government of India.
Date of Launch
Information is not available
Share this article :Facebook Twitter Google