Swadhar Greh- A Scheme that caters to primary needs of women in difficult circumstances Ministry Of Women & Child Development
This scheme Swadhar –A Scheme for Women in Difficult Circumstances is meant to provide temporary accommodation, maintenance and rehabilitative services to women and girls rendered homeless due to family discord, crime, violence, mental stress, social ostracism or are being forced into prostitution and are in moral danger
Swadhar –A Scheme for Women in Difficult Circumstances was initiated by the Department of Women and Child Development, Government of India. This scheme provides shelter, food, clothing, counseling, training, clinical and legal aid aims to rehabilitate women in difficult circumstance.
Under the Scheme, Swadhar Greh aims to achieve the following objectives:
- To provide to the basic need of shelter, food, clothing, medical treatment and care of the women in distress and who are lacking social and economic support.
- To enable them to recover their emotional strength that gets hampered due to their encounter with unfortunate circumstances.
- To provide them with legal aid and guidance to enable them to take steps for their readjustment in family/society.
- To rehabilitate them economically and emotionally.
- To act as a support system that understands and meets various requirements of women in distress.
- To empower/encourage them to start their life afresh with dignity and conviction.
The benefits could be availed by women above 18 years of age of the following categories:
- Women who are deserted and having no any kind of social and economic support
- Women survivors of natural disasters who have been rendered homeless and having no any kind of social and economic support
- Women prisoners get released from jail and are without family, social and economic support.
- Women victims of domestic violence, family tension or discord, who are made to leave their homes without any means of subsistence and have no special protection from exploitation and/ or facing litigation on account of marital disputes.
- Trafficked women/girls rescued or run away from brothels or other places where they face exploitation and Women affected by HIV/AIDS who do not have any social or economic support. However such women/ girls should first seek assistance under UJJAWALA Scheme in areas where it is in operation.
The benefits of this scheme are as follows:
- Temporary residential accommodation with the provision of food, clothing, medical facilities etc. are provided to the beneficiaries.
- Provision of Vocational Training and skill up gradation training for economic rehabilitation of such women to the eligible women.
- Counseling, awareness generation, and behavioral training are given.
- Legal aid and Guidance, Medical Facilities are provided
- Also Counseling through telephone facility is given.
How To Apply
Contact to any of the followings:
- District Collector Or
- Chief Medical Officer Or
- Superintendent of Police Or
- District Social Welfare Officer/Women and Child Development Officer Or
- Representative of District Legal Services Authority Or
- Representative of the Municipal Corporations/Panchayati Raj Institutions Or
- Other eminent persons of the district at the discretion of District Collector
Central Government of India
Ministry of Women and Child Development, Government of India.
Date of Launch
Information is not available
Share this article :Facebook Twitter Google