Cradle Baby Scheme to eliminate female infanticide Financial Assistance
Ministry Of Women and Child Development, Tamil Nadu
The objective of this scheme are as below:
- To eliminate the incidence of female infanticide and to create
awareness among people regarding equality of gender.
- To provide social empowerment to girl children.
The following Eligibility Criteria and Conditions Should be
- Cradles are placed in reception centers, District social welfare
board offices, District Collectorates, Hospitals, Primary Health
Centers, Orphanages, and Children Homes to receive unwanted babies
- Surrendered/abandoned children are then placed in Government
recognized institutions/centres for adoption by eligible couples
- The differently abled children who are unable to be given in for
adoption are handed over to specialized agencies for care and
- NGO/citizens are encouraged to bring abandoned babies.
- The District social welfare officer and extension officers (Social
welfare) are the officials for availing the information to
beneficiaries and also organize camps, seminars and conferences to
create awareness about female infanticide.
- Cradle baby centers set up cost is Rs. 47.45 lakh and each center
have a superintendent, an assistant nurse, an assistant and other
workers and adequate stock of milk powder, medicine and clothes.
Deserted, abandoned & surrendered babies
Under Assistance to scheme for Girls Child, an amount of Rs.50,000 is
deposited in the name of a girl child for a family with only one girl child
and a sum of Rs.25,000 is deposited for a family with two girl children.
The fixed deposit will be renewed periodically once in five years. An
annual incentive of Rs.1,800 is being given to the girl children on
completion of the five years of deposit and it will continue up to the 20th
year of deposit for her educational purpose. The maturity value is payable
to girl child only if the child studies up to 10th Std. and has appeared
for the Public Examination. The fixed deposits under the scheme are
maintained with the Tamil Nadu Power Finance and Infrastructure Development
Corporation Limited, in a specially designed cumulative interest payment
How To Apply
Social Welfare Department, Government of Tamil Nadu.
Date of Launch
Information is not available
Women and Child
Share this article :