Sivagami Ammaiyae Memorial Girl Child Protection Scheme for poor girls
Ministry Of Women and Child Development, Tamil Nadu
- To promote family planning.
- To eradicate female infanticide.
- To promote the welfare of the girl child in poor families and to raise the
status of the girl child.
- Scheme I for one Girl Child Rs.22,200/- Fixed Deposit Receipt in
the name of girl child for the family which has only one girl
- Under Scheme-II Fixed Deposit Receipt for Rs.15,200/- for each girl
child where the family has two girl children only. An amount of
Rs.150/- as monthly incentive shall be given to the girl child on
completion of 5 years from the date of deposit and up to the 20th year
of deposit for her educational purpose.
- The fixed deposit will get matured on the completion of 29 years of
deposit.The annual incentive of Rs.1800/- is given to the girl child
every year on 30th of March, from the completion of 6th year of fixed
deposit for meeting the Education expenses.
- The District social welfare officer, District program officer,
Child development project officer, Extention officer (SW) and Rural
welfare officers (Women). This scheme is very liberal as all eligible
families will be provided benefit irrespective of caste, creed,
religion, income and no. of sons. Further, if the parents are receiving
benefit under any other scheme, even then, they are entitled to avail
benefit under this scheme.
How To Apply
The District social welfare officer, District program officer, Child
development project officer, Extention officer (SW) and Rural welfare
Social Welfare and Nutritious Meal Programme Department, Government of
Date of Launch
Information is not available
Women and Child
Share this article :