Technology Incubation and Development of Entrepreneurs (TIDE) Scheme
Ministry of Communication and Information Technology Schemes
The schemes aims to assist institutions of higher learning to strengthen them Technology Incubation Centres and enable young entrepreneurs to initiate technology start-up companies for commercial exploitation of technologies developed by them. TIDE Incubation Centres provide a gamut of services to new enterprises and facilitate linkages congenial for their survival and growth. The centres network with angel investors and venture capitalists who provide mentoring and financial support to start-ups and enable tenant companies to mature over a period of 2-3 years and ultimately graduate to a commercial place to transact actual business.
DeiTY is providing financial and policy support for strengthening technology incubation activities on the premise that this would, in the long run, result in indigenous development of products and packages in the ICT sector.
Central Government of India
the objectives of this scheme are as:
- To set up/strengthen the Technology Incubation Centres and thus nurture technology entrepreneurship development
- To promote a product oriented research and development
- To encourage and accelerate the development of indigenous products and packages
- To bridge the gap between R&D and commercialisation.
Each TIDE centre would be given financial support as Grant-in-aid of up to Rs.155 lakh, payable in instalments. These funds can be used for infrastructure improvement – up to Rs.30 lakh and for providing financial support to incubating companies – Rs.125 lakh (@ Rs.25 lakh per company). The grants under the proposed scheme would be subject to terms & conditions. DeitYwould constitutes a Project Review and Steering Group (PRSG). The release of funds to the HI/TIDE will be made based on the recommendations of PRSG.
How To Apply
A Udyami Helpline: Dial 1800-180-6763 [Toll Free Number] for queries relating to this Schemes.
Institutions of higher learning to strengthen their Technology Incubation Centres and thus enable young entrepreneurs to initiate technology start-up companies for commercial exploitation of technologies.
Communication And Informaton Technology
Share this article :Facebook Twitter Google
- State Wide Area Network
- Software Technology Parks of India (STPI)
- Special Economic Zone (SEZ)
- Electronics Hardware Technology Park (EHTP)
- Export Promotion Capital Goods (EPCG)
- Duty Exemption and Remission
- Deemed Exports
- Manpower Development for Export Industry
- Participation of Private Institutes under ISEA Project