Scheme for Working Women Hostel Hostel, Day Care Centre and Medical aid
The many more women are leaving their homes in search of employment in big cities as well as urban and rural industrial clusters. One of the main difficulties faced by such women is lack of safe and conveniently located accommodation. Hence this scheme has been initiated by the Government of India.
This scheme aims to promote availability of safe and conveniently located accommodation for working women who need to live away from their families due to professional commitments.
The objectives of this scheme are as below:
- To promote availability of safe and conveniently located accommodation for working women, with day care facility for their children, wherever possible, in urban, semi urban, or even rural areas where employment opportunity for women exist.
The working women and their children should sastisfy the following conditions:
- Working women, who is single, widowed, divorced, separated, married but whose husband or immediate family does not reside in the same city/area. Women belonging disadvantaged sections of the society are prefered first. Also there is reservation of seats for physically challenged beneficiaries.
- Women who are under training for job provided the total training period does not exceed one year. This is only on the condition that there is vacancy available after accommodating working women. The number of women under training for job should not exceed 30% of the total capacity.
- Girls up to the age of 18 years and boys up to the age of 5 years, accompanying working mothers will be provided accommodation, with their mothers.Day Care Centre are serviced for the working mothers, as provided under the scheme.
- The income of working women should not more than Rs. 50,000/- consolidated (gross) per month in metropolitan cities, or Rs 35,000/- consolidated (gross) per month, in any other place. If yes then the women have to leave the hostel within a period of six months of crossing the income ceiling.
Hostel, Day Care Centre and Medical first aid are benefitted to the beneficiaries.
How To Apply
Contact to any of the following:
- At the District level, Contact to District Collector Or District Magistrate Or Municipal Commissioner Or
- Contact to District Social Welfare Officer Or Probation Officer Or any other State Government representative
- Contact to representative of an NGO working in the district that is implementing a project under this Scheme
Ministry of Women and Child Development, Government of India.
Date of Launch
Share this article :Facebook Twitter Google